1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I painted the Avengers Cabinet and I have bullet1217 to thank for the Mandarin back drop, not only did he send the file to me but he even re-worked it to make it fit my display. You can also see the mobile base plate for my version of the Construction Set.

A better image of the back drop, I still need a lot of set dressing to finish this shelf

Glad to have contributed to this awesome project :hi5:

SUNDAY UPDATE

I didn’t get a lot accomplished this week but I’m really happy with what I did.

I finished the Whiplash F1 Battle diorama today. I was going to add a crowd image behind the chain link fence but I don’t think it need’s it.

I finished the door way to the right of the HOA. I built a door for this area but it looks too busy when it’s closed and it looks too restricted when it’s open so I decided to hold off on it for now

I decided to display my custom Titans in the area reserved for the Avenger Villains.

Since this has change so much since my first post I figured I might as well reshoot the whole thing in its current set up

Better and better!

I love the little details that just elevate this. Like the under-cabinet lighting in Banner's kitchen type area, and the Stark Industry packing crates.

Are the lights in the HPP bays the stock ones? They look better than I realised/thought they would.

The kitchenette area was actually part of Tony's work shop in IM 2 :)

I tried to replicate the look of the area but did take some artistic license such as replacing the stainless steel credenza with a work shop table

The light in the HPP Bays are stock but when you power then with a power supply instead of batteries you get a more consistent illumination

The kitchenette area was actually part of Tony's work shop in IM 2 :)

I tried to replicate the look of the area but did take some artistic license such as replacing the stainless steel credenza with a work shop table

I've been searching for the Stark Expo animation sequence from that scene...the one playing on the TV.

Don't suppose anyone here has the video file?

Awesome work man, awesome...it's really coming along now. Impressive. I love it when I see new posts in this thread...I know some cool pics are coming!

Love coming to this thread and seeing all these great updates...small to you but still amazing. :clap

BTW since you are going all out on this project, you could switch the TV behind Banner with an old iPod and play actual videos.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Awesome work man, awesome...it's really coming along now. Impressive. I love it when I see new posts in this thread...I know some cool pics are coming!

Thanks, but I think I'm going to post the new updates it the thread I created in the "Shelves" forum.

I'm not sure of which forum is more appropriate since this is really more the a custom HOA

Love coming to this thread and seeing all these great updates...small to you but still amazing. :clap

BTW since you are going all out on this project, you could switch the TV behind Banner with an old iPod and play actual videos.

I have considered that but don't know where to get the videos.

I'm also really thinking about getting a Sega Grand Piano for the Living Quarters level.

Yes this rocks. I've seen it done by Username I think. I have an old Lumia 630 I am planning to use for this. Still trying find away to start playback without having to touch the phone as it's in a cabinet.

I have considered that but don't know where to get the videos.

The suit-up videos from IM 1 & 2 are on Youtube and there is software available to download and convert. I've never been able to find the Stark Expo video unfortunately.

Anyway well done Boba! Love the inventiveness and attention to detail in your dioramas. Maybe have the modern art piece on the floor suggesting it has been replaced with the IM poster?

Bravo :clap exactly what I had in mind...

Can you post links to the videos you used?

Mine was just an old iPod touch first gen I had on my desk. It works okay. And the videos are available online if you want something running on it. Even a news segment would be fine.

That's great. And that render animation is very cool.

Ever think of a way to start-stop the playback from outside the cabinet?

Bravo :clap exactly what I had in mind...

Can you post links to the videos you used?

the videos are just something I found on YouTube by an animator. I downloaded the files and spliced them together. I can look for them when I get home. I am on holiday right now. I'll be home on Sunday.

That's great. And that render animation is very cool.

Ever think of a way to start-stop the playback from outside the cabinet?

No. All it takes though is to turn the iPod on and press the play button on screen. If you had the iPod plugged into the mains you could keep it playing non stop.

SUNDAY UPDATE

I didn't get much done this week. I finally found a good deal on a Mark 1 but that's about it

Back