1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been busy but I had some time to work on the room. I added the remaining 2 floors to the Marvel side, built the cabinets for Hulkbuster and 2 of the villains and I built the Avengers cabinet.

I still have a lot of work to do but it’s time consuming and I don’t have must free time to work on it

Due to the depth of the room it’s hard to “photograph”the entire height of the display but this shows most of the 3 levels

The roof level is 7’ wide shelf and all I can think to put on it is the Gantry, which makes it look lonely, anyone have any ideas?

I received my a bunch of “catch up figures” such as the Mark 5 and 6, now I just need a Mark 1

Kitchen Corner, still needs lots of work.

The IM Villains diorama cabinet. This will eventually have a glass top and lots of details but for now I just set the figures in there

The Hulk Buster Cabinet, it’s going to be empty for a while

The Avengers cabinet, I still need LOTS of figures for this one. Eventually, Loki, Ultron and a Chitauri will be displayed below the team.

Incredible setup, I've been following this thread for a while and watching your progress. I'm hoping to steal some ideas eventually, I love the glass shelves, allow for greater ability go see everything. Awesome work so far!

:thud: That is awesome :clap, I am so jealous

Thanks, but PLEASE don't be jealous.

Incredible setup, I've been following this thread for a while and watching your progress. I'm hoping to steal some ideas eventually, I love the glass shelves, allow for greater ability go see everything. Awesome work so far!

I was hoping to avoid using this much glass but it was necessary to get better visibility on the Wine Cellar

Now I have to start the finishing process.

The first thing I'm concentrating on is closing in the area around the Mark 1-7 HOA Bays.

That way I can create that door area to the right of them, which essentially gives me another "bay" display area to put a figure. Coulson will eventually go there

It will also allow me access to add light effect to the door area and kitchen area

Brilliant stuff, I love the ideas! I can't wait to see the space behind the first seven filled in, I like that concrete look you've done to the bottom bays.

Brilliant stuff, I love the ideas! I can't wait to see the space behind the first seven filled in, I like that concrete look you've done to the bottom bays.

I'm going for a similar look for the rest. The panel look makes it easier then if there had been seamless walls

This just gets better. I hope to do something half as good one day when I have space!

Thanks, it just takes perseverance and time.

Sweet Jesus!

Ok

this is the best display involving figures I've ever seen

Thanks but I wouldn't go that far, yet ;)

To be honest the subject material makes it easy. I'm just basing my design off an amalgamation of the 3 Iron Man movies sets.

Originally I was going to go with the set from IM3 but the work shop looked way too cluttered and didn't get a lot of screen time so I decided to do an expanded version of the IM2 set with the wine cellar.

My wife actually bought me a 1/6 scale cobra motor for Christmas :)

Last edited:
When I decided to build this huge display I watched all of the movies to figure out the best way to blend it all together

In IM2 there is a scene where Tony replaces an expensive print with a cheap Obama style poster of Iron Man.

I really wanted that in there so that meant reproducing the kitchen area.

This is the look I was going for

This is the final set up

Because I have 7 bays instead of 4, I had to reduce the cabinet display by one left unit from the wall and base cabinets.

In retrospect I like the way it looks now and I have the proper amount of room for the door area to the left of the cabinets

BUT I learned a valuable lesson today.

I went to a plaque shop to buy plastic to make the door and drawer panels. It is available in most colors so I bought maroon and white to faithfully recreate the look of the cabinets. The clerk told me it was 35 cents per square inch and in my exuberance I failed to realize I was going to cost me $68 dollars.

However, in the big picture that’s not a lot for the value that this add to our display. It really anchors the corner and brings some realism to the diorama.

I was going to use staples for the drawer and door handles but decided to go hardware-less to keep it simple.

It doesn’t look too good in the above picture but in real life it looks awesome and it was worth every penny and minute of time it took to build.

I thought of something I could display on the roof with the Gantry but unfortunately I don't think Hot Toys will make them

im2dronesexpo.jpg

Maybe some of the sports cars from IM1? I know finding the actual ones could be impossible but just some shiny 1/6th rich guy cars could look cool to fill in the space?

Back