1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a couple items for the Mandarin shelf so I decided to concentrate on that this week.

Before I decide if I like what I am using for a table I need to get a couple more items for it like a phone and pistol.

BUT I’m really happy with how all of the back drops look. Normally I wouldn’t like something so non-symmetrical but I like it and I can swap them around pretty easy so I can freshen up the look once in a while

I really don't like the "mandarin" from iron man 3, but your diorama displays are awesome, keep up the good work!

Thanks. The Mandarin is one of my favorite characters from the movies. I love what they did with him.

If you're going for screen accuracy, Tony had a Sig Sauer P220 or P226. Rhodey had a Beretta Inox 92 and the Mandarin had a Sig P232 or an AK-47.
Ryan

I don't really go for screen accuracy. My entire display is more oF an amalgamation of the everything we have seen.. For instance, the kitchenette was in Stark's shop in IM1 and 2 but not in 3, however, I decided to include it.

Nice work with the Mandarin artwork background dressing and moody (lack of) lighting.

Thanks, I have found that using multiple light sources and types through out the display makes it look more realistic

I don't really go for screen accuracy. My entire display is more of an amalgamation of the everything we have seen.. For instance, the kitchenette was in Stark's shop in IM1 and 2 but not in 3, however, I decided to include it.

I know you don't. I did say, "If." I was just being helpful and showing off my firearms knowledge. ;)
Ryan

Boba Debt your display is incredible! Well done buddy, you must be very proud.

Do you have any videos of your display?

I know you don't. I did say, "If." I was just being helpful and showing off my firearms knowledge. ;)
Ryan

A gun lover in California, that must be like hell on earth ;)

Boba Debt your display is incredible! Well done buddy, you must be very proud.

Do you have any videos of your display?

I have the video of the construction bay hoist but other then that I just have pictures.

I tried to video it but I don't really have the skills to properly represent the display with that medium.

I have been working on the living room level a lot lately but had to take a break when I found the images I needed to create the flag poster featured in IM 1 & 2.

I posted how I created it in this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/162716-please-help-id-im2-flag-litograph.html

I have been working on the living room level so I haven’t done much for the lower levels other then to add a few accessories in the kitchenette area, and I created a duel “holo” table display so now there is a reason to display the holographic figures. Some day I’ll print it on a transparency and then I’ll put a sheet of EL under it to add the illumination.

I also followed a fellow freaks lead and printed some of the Bask art in different sizes so you can see more of it. I liked the stacked look if the full size prints but I like this better.

I had to move the Gantry to do some work so I set it on an empty spot on the shop level.

I actually like it in this new spot and I might even extend the ceiling out so I can have the parts that remove the arm armor come out of the ceiling.

The gantry looks good set in the workshop. I was thinking of dropping the main arms from the ceiling also so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I've been working on a custom MKIII gantry suit-up from spare parts (including your left-over Construction Version pieces)...

SuitUp-1.jpg

SuitUp-2.jpg

The gantry looks good set in the workshop. I was thinking of dropping the main arms from the ceiling also so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I've been working on a custom MKIII gantry suit-up from spare parts (including your left-over Construction Version pieces)..

That custom looks great, I'm glad you're putting those parts to good use

It may be a while before I get to the Gantry Project.

I'm working on the living room level and it is taking a lot of my spare time.

Thanks Boba & Brainiac!

Dremelling out the innards of the Construction Version torso worked out pretty well. I'll be adding a mesh sub-suit layer and some lining to the back plate.

I'll have to repaint the arms and legs from the Armor Test set as they are MK42.

I have a few ideas for the upper legs also. Will need to lift up the front grabber arms of the gantry to hold the components.

Fun project so far :)

Hey, all. Not sure if there if this is possible but I would like to have a custom hologram sticker designed for the 1/6 HOA. I have the Punisher War Machine armor I want to display in it and obviously, none of the stickers that shipped with the Hall would be appropriate. Any modern out there do something like this?

Back