1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the PCs that come with Primeval figures

I got the original idea from Bar but improved them by adding IM related graphics to the screens and a 1/6 scale key board to the single unit

This is part of my thread from the "Shelves" forum

These are hand made wood crates built in a military embark box configuration. The graphics were applied using the clear lacquer paint transfer method.

SUNDAY UPDATE

I concentrated on the kitchenette area this week. I wanted to accessorize it to look like this scene from IM2

And I think I did a pretty good job

The appliances, dish rack and dishes are all Barbie accessories that I bought pretty cheap and then painted to the have the look of the items in Tony’s kitchenette. The knife is from my Amber Figure and I have some limes on order but they could take a while to get here. The liquor bottles are easy to find, I just have to figure out which brands I want but the pill bottles are going to be a chore. They are expensive and not very realistic. I may end up making those myself.

I know this isn’t a perfect copy of but it’s close enough for me.

I wanted to add some ceiling lights in this area and didn’t really know what type I wanted to use and then I noticed the set designers figured it out for me. As you can see there is a square soffit with 4 can lights

This is what I came up with. I built and painted a soffit and used 4 LED panels that cost less the $1 a piece.

As you can see in the first picture it provides a very natural looking illumination to that area, not too bright and the light washes the area just as it would in a room.

The more I work with this, the more I realize that if you use multiple scaled down light sources, the environment looks a lot more natural.

The next area I plan to work on is the Armor Assembly Bay which is going to have some very interesting features

Last edited:
Looks great with the accent lighting!

How did you produce the concrete finish on the walls?

If I may the television looks a touch small...I would maybe make it 20-30% wider and taller. And if you have access behind the wall maybe you could backlight it and have a coloured transparency film for the screen image. Just my 2c.

It looks incredible!!! Especially in the soft light image. Bravo!

Thanks

Looks great with the accent lighting!

How did you produce the concrete finish on the walls?

If I may the television looks a touch small...I would maybe make it 20-30% wider and taller. And if you have access behind the wall maybe you could backlight it and have a coloured transparency film for the screen image. Just my 2c.

I use stone textured paint for the wall and granite textured paint for the HPP HOA Bays. You have to subdue it with a mist of flat black, other wise it loos to freash

I'm looking into options for the TV, I'm pretty happy with it for now but I think I might use and old smart phone or a printed EL sheet for the final version

SUNDAY UPDATE

I started to work on my Armor Construction Bay this week and since it is more of a project then simple update I started a separate thread for it which is at

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...on-armor-construction-bay-custom-project.html

In this pic you can see the beginnings of the Armor Construction Bay and some new accesories:

The air compressor, compressed gas tank and a vice are all new and seem to work well in this area, however, I thought the compressed gas tank looked odd being painted that weird color of green so I customized it by giving it a light coat of flat white paint and some custom labels:

I think it looks a lot more realistic now:

I also received a package of limes and used a small prescription conatiner lid for the bowl. I found some tall clear glasses like the type he drank the chloroform from in IM2 on eBay and I received a mark 6 Arc reactor, which is sitting on his table for now

I spent most of my time working on the custom Armor Construction Bay this week.

I got most of the extremities modified and now I have to figure out how to get the torso of Bones apart so I can install the main control board from the Mark 3

It's coming along nicely :)

I found a super detailed 1/6 guitar on ebay for about $18 shipped and it arrived this week, now I just need an amp

I finished my 1/6 scale coffee table. Mirrored acrylic table top with a beveled edge, (haven't removed sticker cover yet), smoke acrylic lower shelf, and all wood remaining construction.

Features a hidden piano hinge to reveal a hidden storage area with an acrylic top with Stark Industries logo. I got the idea from the drawers Alice opened in the first Resident Evil movie.

I drilled out the clear palm of an extra BD Mk XLII arm and glued in a 6mm magnet. This is used to lift the acrylic cover off the storage area. There's a magnet glued under the Stark logo.

The table top clicks into place via countersunk 3x3mm magnets in the wood frame and 3x1mm on the tabletop. It's my first project and not quite perfect, but it's solid and works. Next project was going to be a work bench and cabinet, but I think I'll do the couch instead.
Ryan

I finished my 1/6 scale coffee table. Mirrored acrylic table top with a beveled edge......... Next project was going to be a work bench and cabinet, but I think I'll do the couch instead.
Ryan

Nice job, lots of little details and some cool function

If you do the couch you might want to think about doing the round sectional from IM2. Everyone that has a couch gets the same rectangular version the Mark 42 was siting on in IM3

Something to think about

IRON MAN HOUSE PARTY PROTOCOL BASE HEIGHT REDUCTION

If you don’t like the height of the base that comes with most od the HPP Fgures you eliminate the bottom part by removing the 4 screws and pulling the bottom off.

I add a 12vdc LED light panel to the bottom part of the base to illuminate it. The panel cost less then $1 on eBay and it is hot glued in place.

I choose to solder long wires to this and extend them out of the base to connect it to other bases, but you could solder the wires to a power jack and plug them in if you want to.

I finally found a Coulson for a decent price and I like this spot for him. I’m think Hill will go the the right of Him and Fury will be upstairs

I picked up an Aether and Tesseract for my mind stone collection which will eventually be displayed in the piano room on the living room level

I had to buy and Avengers Thor to get the Tesseract

Hopefully I'll be able to sell him and recoup some of my investment

Back