1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Armor Construction Bay - Bones/Mark 42 Hybrid Armor Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks incredible.

Thanks

I decided to remove the beam lifting apparatus from the hoist system and just go with a single chain. I think it looks a lot better.

I also ordered another HPP Hall of Armor bay and plan to use the back control panel for this display. I’ll modify it to provide power for the entire Armor Construction Bay display.

While they both look great, I prefer the first version. Those armors are (supposed to be) heavy. I think the support beam conveys that better and shows
an attempt to evenly distribute the weight. That's just my preference. I'm pretty sure version 2 is more screen accurate, but I like the first one more.
But since it's not mine, who the $%^ really cares what I think!? :D
Ryan

One of the main reasons I went with the chain was to get more space so I could display the lower with the upper torso.

One of the main reasons I went with the chain was to get more space so I could display the lower with the upper torso.

See. A sensible reason for everything. Function precedes form. Either way, they both still look great. All I've built is a shelf unit and I completed my coffee table.
Ryan

I gotta say, that looks really cool. And with MkIII in the HOA, Bones is the perfect choice for this...

SUNDAY UPDATE

I finished my Custom Construction Bay

These are the guts of a HPP Armor Bay. I had to modify them to provide power for the Armor and the Mobile Base. It also provided a place to plug in the fake cables

A video of it operating by remote

Last edited:
Back