Iron Legion Custom HOA / Drone Re-Paint Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Debt

Super Freak
Reaction score
For a while now I have been trying to come up with a use for the left wine cellar level cabinet of the Stark Mansion. This right cabinet was always designated as the bay for Hulkbuster but the left never really served any purpose so I used it for some movie based dios of Tony and his foes.

However, that never really made sense so I decided to move the Mandarin and Race Track dios out of the left cabinet of the Stark Mansion and into their own cabinet.

I built a 7” tall cabinet in the center of the room, in front of the window. It houses the odd displays we like and also acts as a divider between Stark Mansion and Wayne Manor

Now I could repurpose the left cabinet of Stark Mansion for something else and thought why not add an Iron Legion Work Shop / Hall of Armor to the set up

This is the concept art that I based my Iron Legion Hall of Armor on:

This is what I have so far:

The tubes are 6” schedule 40 PVC and I used cork tape for the horizontal panels. I can only get 1 roll of tape per week because that is all Hobby Lobby stocks and the other brands are not as wide as the brand Hobby Lobby carries

The base plates are cut from wood and painted with Granite faux paint.

The upper unit is done except for the lights and it will house the Armors that start at Mark 45 that I decide to buy.

The lower bays are for the Iron Legion and some other miscellaneous items.

I don’t have a lot of time to work on this but I’ll post updates as I finish it.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Legion Custom Hall of Armor Project

I set up the power requirement. A 12vdc power supply plugged into a remote switch.

For a while now I have been trying to come up with a use for the left wine cellar level cabinet of the Stark Mansion. This right cabinet was always designated as the bay for Hulkbuster but the left never really served any purpose so I used it for some movie based dios of Tony and his foes.

However, that never really made sense so I decided to move the Mandarin and Race Track dios out of the left cabinet of the Stark Mansion and into their own cabinet.

I built a 7” tall cabinet in the center of the room, in front of the window. It houses the odd displays we like and also acts as a divider between Stark Mansion and Wayne Manor

Now I could repurpose the left cabinet of Stark Mansion for something else and thought why not add an Iron Legion Work Shop / Hall of Armor to the set up

This is the concept art that I based my Iron Legion Hall of Armor on:

This is what I have so far:

The tubes are 6” schedule 40 PVC and I used cork tape for the horizontal panels. I can only get 1 roll of tape per week because that is all Hobby Lobby stocks and the other brands are not as wide as the brand Hobby Lobby carries

The base plates are cut from wood and painted with Granite faux paint.

The upper unit is done except for the lights and it will house the Armors that start at Mark 45 that I decide to buy.

The lower bays are for the Iron Legion and some other miscellaneous items.

I don’t have a lot of time to work on this but I’ll post updates as I finish it.

Love it! Great work! :)

The repaints seem to be coming along, then look good!

Thanks

But the repaints are on the back burner because it is time consuming and I don't have a lot of free time at the moment

This is a good demonstration of the steps required to build a bay

Top left – tube cut to size / top middle – cork tape applied / top right – primer applied

Bottom – assembled and painted unit.

Both HOA units are complete and set in place. I’m just waiting on the lights to show up from China

A friend is using his 3-d printer to create a very mechanical looking floor for this display and eventually the Hulk Buster display.

Because of the size limitations of his printer he can only print a 10 x 7 panel so we had to glue 3 together to create the whole visible floor

BUT I had to redesign the I-Beam floors/ceilings so that the support beams would line up with the panel edges

The total depth of the floor is 13.5 so he printed some test panels that I use spacers that go under the HOA bays

Looks as good as, if not better, than anything Hot Toys has done!

Looks as good as, if not better, than anything Hot Toys has done!

To be honest, I got lucky with this project. If you compare my bays to the concept art they are pretty close, however, these bays are very simplistic compared to the Hero HOA and Wine Cellar Bays.

No side or base lighting, no foot clamps on the base and no control panels in the back. These are pretty much just cement looking ‘coves” with some can lights in the ceiling.

I'm just waiting on my friend to print the middle floor and a can of granite paint for the top panel and it will be done.

A 26 second video my friend sent me of his printer working on a floor panel.

I really like how this project looks so far. Can't wait to see the finished result. :)

Do you know anyone who made a Hall of Armor with a 3D printer?

Do you know anyone who made a Hall of Armor with a 3D printer?

He could do that but it would be cost prohibitive, considering what you can get them for on ebay

However, he's going to create HOA style foot clamps for Igor and 2 round HOA style bases for my Hulk Buster once I have it.

I'm on leave this week so I decided to get back to painting these

I forgot how time consuming it was.

The Red will stay factory, obviously, the Blue and Gold are done and I started to finsh the Black Drone tonight.

So far this is what I got done while I was watching The Walking Dead

Back