1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 6, so buying him saves me the cost of buying bays to go in his place, not to mention that it' 5 less figures to buy to fill them up.

HALL OF ARMOR HOUSE PARTY PROTOCOL WINE CELLAR PROJECT

I received another set of 4 bays which I wasn’t expecting until next week but I’m glad they showed up early.

Now that I have them I was able to set them up and figure out just how large this part of the display is going to be and I think it’s too big.

I’m am going to change the configuration and move the Hulk Buster out of this part of the display so I can reduce the number of levels from 3 to 2 with Igor being in the center of the top row. This will reduce the number of bays from 22 down to 15.

That’s enough room for 15 HPP Armors which is plenty for my what I intend to buy.

The original concept seems way to big in person. Plus if is stick with this I will have to find 6 more bays and it will take for ever to fill them up.

My new concept, now I don’t need to buy more bays and most of them won’t be empty for years.

Nice work!
That has to be enormous! I saw a couple of the original HoA on display in a store yesterday and realised how big they actually are. So I can't imagine how much space you would need for this.
Epic display Boba.

This part of the display is 67 inches wide, 32 inches deep and 35 inches tall.

By the time I add the rest of the display components it will be a U shaped display 8 feet tall, 7 feet wide and 5 feet deep.

argh:gah: i cant wait to get home to see the pictures from this thread. my server is blocking photobucket and imgur.

I hit a small snafu in my current design.

The work shop floor is so deep it is obscuring the top level of the HPP Wine Cellar

I think I might have to use glass for the work shop floor, should be fun since the floor is 7 feet wide by 30” deep.

Here is picture that demonstrates how you would see it standing as far away from it as possible in the room it will be displayed in.

Originally I wanted to have 3 HPP Wine Cellar levels which would fixed that problem since the Work shop would have been a lot higher

Here is a straight on shot of the set up

is raising the entire thing an option? Like on a small table or something. Might help with the sight line and you could save on glass for the floor.

To have full line of sight on the top middle 5 armors you I would have to raise it about 17" which is the height of the bays plus I would lose the Living room level or the roof level if I doo that.

I just cut out a piece of plywood to support just the test platform and did a partial set up to see what glass would look like

Igor is still obscured but it shows a lot more of the wine cellar

I decided to use AnthonyJ’s method for lighting up the HPP HOA Bays.

I was able to light up half of it with one USB Hub

I have 4 more on order

I posted the following Power Supply info in the original post:

HALL OF ARMOR POWER SUPPLY INFORMATION:

Unlike the original HOA Bays that interconnect and share a single power supply these HPP HOA Bays use individual power supplies.

This only illuminates the unit, the bases have to be wired separately

USB HUB

I use this one available on eBay for $7.99 shipped

YOU CAN NOT USE THE 5VDC POWER SUPPLY THAT IT COMES WITH THIS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351100095569?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

POWER SUPPLY

I use this one available on ebay for $2.76

[h=1]AC to DC 4.5V 1A US Converter charger Adapter Power Supply 1000mA DC 5.5X2.1mm[/h]
AC to DC 4 5V 1A US Converter Charger Adapter Power Supply 1000mA DC 5 5x2 1mm | eBay

Back