Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they definitely did. They also unveiled the final (and hugely, enormously, gigantically improved) QS Batman (so improved that I'd go as far as to consider it a new release), The Bat, the (probably cancelled) TDKR armory, and so on.

Ok- jogged my memory- predict we'll see BTTF and maybe a surprise this year then

Yes, HT's reveals at SDCC have been significant. The 66 Batmobile was revealed for the first time there 2 years ago.

Hot Toys has been doing pretty good at SDCC. I believe they also debuted Star Boost Iron Man, Igor and several other Iron Men, Robocop & Predators in addition to '66 Batman & Robin?

He means the Bat. It was probably cancelled.

Lucy+_a940584f5ba142d5856a2f373ff1a1fe.jpg

This thing has two 1/6 figures waiting to sit in it, and they announce the stupid 1/12 Bat first?

This thing has two 1/6 figures waiting to sit in it, and they announce the stupid 1/12 Bat first?

When have they ever been logical about their releases?

But yeah, I thought for sure when Hot Toys teased their collection of vehicles the other day on facebook, it'd be the '66 Batmobile specs and pics. I was looking forward to it, but oh well.

I've never understood the fascination with "pre-orders." It's not like we haven't seen what the Batmobile looks like, and, even if we hadn't, with HT's reputation, you'd have a pretty good idea just from watching the show. It'll get here when it gets here; look at the gap between the 89 Batmobile and the DX 08/DX 09.

Nothing like official specs/pics though . . .

Could come with a batchute for all we know. People didn't know about the Batmobile armor cocoon for the '89 vehicle until the preorders.

That would be awesome. At this point, I look forward to the specs just as much as the pics, if not moreso. How cool would it be if there was a mobile bag computer in the trunk?:lol

I saw a pic of Hot Toys people setting up The Bat next to the 66 Batmobile. I'm very curious how Hot Toys will price the 66 Batmobile now. Both require a lot more attention to details compared to the 89 Batmobile. I have a feeling it will be more than the 89 version. Perhaps more than The Bat if the 66 Batmobile has a lot of working details. I remember owning a small version and it had firing missiles and some other stuff I can't remember.

Back