Hot Toys - Artist Mix Collection - Avengers Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Ultron sentry version B was the real Ultron

Likewise. I like how the eyes in particular on Ultron Sentry resembles the comicbook design more, and IMO it's more vicious-looking than the Michael Bay Transformers-esque eyes Ultron Prime has.

:goodpost: I've been trying to get used to ultron prime's look, now I know I'll never like it

Oh, you don't like Ultrons look?

RXg5Tm1.gif

Looks like Hulkbuster is listed as approximately 20cm and the rest are at approximately 14 cm. So about half the size of regular figures. So yeah, the exact same size as the Kids Logic (Egg Attack) Iron Man figures.

Last edited:
I don't like these smaller kiddy versions of characters that much. I guess they are good for kids though. I don't know the price however...I wish Hot Toys would put that effort towards stuff not yet released like Prometheus.

I don't like these smaller kiddy versions of characters that much. I guess they are good for kids though. I don't know the price however...I wish Hot Toys would put that effort towards stuff not yet released like Prometheus.

Yeah I'd love an Engineer from Prometheus but at the moment HT have a Marvel cash cow and they intend to milk it to death.

Yeah I'd love an Engineer from Prometheus but at the moment HT have a Marvel cash cow and they intend to milk it to death.

But they should be able to release Shaw since she was in the works long ago I assume before the Avengers. I will say that I am looking forward to the new head sculpts for the Avengers after seeing Captain America.

Oh, you don't like Ultrons look?

RXg5Tm1.gif

Seriously I don't get it. If you've read enough comics of Ultron one should realize that this is actually a very clever amalgam of Ultron's modern designs. Not only is it a unique design that can stand on its own for the film, but it's actually very reverent towards Ultron's character and personality in the comics. The conversion from the jack o' lantern ant-like visage to a face that resembles a skull is a very thoughtful acknowledgment of Ultron's very human personality and to say that it deviates from his character kind of defeats the whole point of Ultron's developmental process.

Also Transformers, really? Beyond having moving eyes and mouth, I don't ever recall seeing a single Transformer having the same smooth-plated, skull-like visage and curved antennae like Ultron here. In Transformers you could barely tell which parts were which with how their faces were designed. By and large, Ultron looks smooth and majestic in comparison. Heck it's not like Ultron got a complete makeover, the basic shapes and silhouette of his head is still very much Ultron.

And yes, the humanoid face might not be "classic" (ugh), but I'll have you know that Ultron's strongest form in the comics (so far) was very much human-looking. Considering the amount of fun I've had in finally seeing Ultron with a whole range of expressions in the comics, I have no doubt that this design will look utterly outstanding and creepy for the film version, judging simply by Spader's performance in the trailers.

Seriously for me, having been a fan of Ultron for so long it's like hearing people wanting the old skin-tight red/yellow classic Iron Man over his modern designs like the Extremis or Bleeding Edge armor. Yes it's just THAT weird.:panic:

Hah some guy has Hulkbuster and IronMan listed on eBay for $179.99 easy, EASY pass on these.

Waste of time and money. I don't think that someone want to buy this... things.

i wish they weren't wasting time on something like this when there are so many awesome figures we're waiting for. i hope these don't do too well. i sure won't be buying.

Are they supposed to look like monkies??? Well Hulkbuster looks more like a gorilla but the others just look monkey like. Not speaking to me at all..., to be honest.

Had me at "special form with unique artistic twists". Lost me at "bobble-head".

Back