Hot Toys - Artist Mix Collection - Avengers Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Just why?

pAmpdi5.jpg

:clap:clap :woo
Well done! :hi5:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been watching your signature for five minutes straight - it's equally hysterical and terrifying.

I want a complete set of Age of Ultron figures with faces like that.

Last edited:
What if Hot Toys released a product and no one bought it....?

I'll probably get the Cap somewhere down the road when I can get it for $25. But that's it for me.

The Super Deformed and/or cutesy thing is all the rage right now. Forum members here aren't necessarily the target audience for these, but it does make a lot of sense for HT to start releasing items that have a lower price point. Who knows, a kid who buys these may convert into an actual collector some day.

I'm sure there is a market for these... But $40 for a 5.5" non-articulated bobblehead seems like it would be a bit much for casual collectors... If it had basic action figure articulation I would have ordered at least 2 of them for $40. These seriously seem like something i'd see on a shelf at Toys'r'us for $20-25.

Prices are a joke- these will be shelf warmers ala Tonto and Mandarin...
$40 for one of these??? BIG LOL

To be honest, $40 at 5.5" for these puts them in very competitive territory with other vinyl art toy products such as KidRobot or The Loyal Subjects.

The problem is most of the people who are into that kind of thing would be too discerning to buy something cranked out in the thousands by Hot Toys, which means their next most obvious competition is Kid's Logic - who produce better-looking figures with full electronic features and in one case, maglev. Bypassing them you get to Funko, whose products are obviously a lot more cheaply-made and rough around the edges - but only cost $10 and can be easily obtained from bricks-and-mortar retail without having to jump through hoops a casual collector would most likely be unwilling to.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and Hot Toys will make money hand-over-fist from these somehow, but honestly I don't see who is going to buy them. The Funko audience is most likely never going to know they even exist, the Kid's Logic audience will stick with Kid's Logic, the KidRobot audience would rather buy something designed by Frank Kozik - unless Hot Toys have some kind of arrangement in place to get these into retail outlets worldwide, in which case I'll probably be eating humble pie when Howard buys a new Lamborghini or three next Christmas.

Will most likely pick up Ultron Prime, but that's about it for me. :Flush

To be honest, $40 at 5.5" for these puts them in very competitive territory with other vinyl art toy products such as KidRobot or The Loyal Subjects.

The problem is most of the people who are into that kind of thing would be too discerning to buy something cranked out in the thousands by Hot Toys, which means their next most obvious competition is Kid's Logic - who produce better-looking figures with full electronic features and in one case, maglev. Bypassing them you get to Funko, whose products are obviously a lot more cheaply-made and rough around the edges - but only cost $10 and can be easily obtained from bricks-and-mortar retail without having to jump through hoops a casual collector would most likely be unwilling to.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and Hot Toys will make money hand-over-fist from these somehow, but honestly I don't see who is going to buy them. The Funko audience is most likely never going to know they even exist, the Kid's Logic audience will stick with Kid's Logic, the KidRobot audience would rather buy something designed by Frank Kozik - unless Hot Toys have some kind of arrangement in place to get these into retail outlets worldwide, in which case I'll probably be eating humble pie when Howard buys a new Lamborghini or three next Christmas.

I'm guessing it's definitely the Kids Logic crowd that they are after. They are the same size, at less than half the cost. Sure they don't have lights (or Magnetic levitation), but they are only $40 instead of $110 (or $170 for the magnetic levitation one). To those who buy the Kids Logic figures, these will look like a bargain.

I'm guessing it's definitely the Kids Logic crowd that they are after. They are the same size, at less than half the cost. Sure they don't have lights (or Magnetic levitation), but they are only $40 instead of $110 (or $170 for the magnetic levitation one). To those who buy the Kids Logic figures, these will look like a bargain.

That seems pretty low considering how much the Kid's Logic team seem to look up to and respect Hot Toys.

Back