Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT 1/6 Amazing Spiderman line

A video of the game that goes with this movie just came out featuring Rhino, and I noticed in the clip Spidey was wearing a belt.

I am not a big fan of the costume for this movie, I particularly don't like the stripes on the legs or the fact that the whole costume looks like it was made out of red and blue basketballs- but the belt is an improvement- we will see if he adds a belt at some point in the film.

Speaking of the film- a great (or even good) story will cover the multiple "sins" of the costume.

As for the figure goes, I doubt I will be getting it (though I won't make a final decision about it until I see the movie and the figure)- I think the Spider-Man 3 Spidey has that classic look that I can appreciate beyond just the Rami movies. I am not sure this new one will be able to do that for me.

I hear ya bro. I guess no figure is perfect. I just knew this would be the best one we would get for a long time so I had to have it. Also I'm sure it depends on your love for the character or movie or both. For me, I loved the movies so this figure, regardless of its flaws, was a no brainer.

I agree. There are some things I would liked to have seen improved upon, namely the too tall height and overall too buff body size, but I am willing to live with it until a better one comes out. It really is a great piece of work and I am "amazed" everytime I look at it.

As far as the head shape though, I think it's spot on. It has that "movie spidey" head. The nose bump is subtle but it is there. It's supposed to resemble what it looked like in the movie because he wore a face shield under the mask to keep it looking like that classic spidey shape. If you watch the behind the scenes disc, just on dvd not blu ray, on the first and second movie they go into making the costume, the webbing, and the face shield.

Sorry you didn't like it. Thanks for letting me know why you didn't. Sometimes when I hear that someone doesn't like one of my favorites, I like to know why so I can further scrutinize my purchase. That maybe there is something I missed that others may see.

No worries, am glad you like him! Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the figure...but that's probably because i'm not a figure collector per se. Tend to prefer statues. We may have to disagree on the head/jaw but I did think HT did a good job on the costume overall for the scale. I just think it's a shame SS never did a Premium Format of this guy....

I don't believe that for a second. There wasn't one movie that, before it's release, you weren't excited about, then as the movie got closer and the hype built and the trailers came out, you changed your mind about the movie?

Oh of course it happened to me once or twice before, but generally, no.

Movie looks like crap. I'm sorry but after all the excitement the trailer was a massive let down. Not only did it just about spoil the whole movie but it really showed how unfit Garfield is for the role. The outfit looks great though. Loving the new design! Although not sure how those web shooters are gonna look on the finished product

But of course I'm seeing it opening weekend:lol And most likely I'll get the figure

Last edited:

Movie looks like crap. I'm sorry but after all the excitement the trailer was a massive let down. Not only did it just about spoil the whole movie but it really showed how unfit Garfield is for the role. The outfit looks great though. Loving the new design! Although not sure how those web shooters are gonna look on the finished product

But of course I'm seeing it opening weekend:lol And most likely I'll get the figure

:lol It is absolutely hilarious how some people torture themselves. And all in one statement. :rotfl :slap

I gotta say I am REALLY looking forward to what HT does with the Amazing SPidey suit...can't wait!!! :impatient:

Have you guys seen how the lizard looks like? he looks like a cross between pumpkinhead and the creature from black lagoon, pretty lame idk about the new spider-man movie :(

Yeah, I remember someone saying they saw the footage of Lizard at last year's SDCC and said he looks menacing and scary. What a bunch of BS!!

I for one didn't mind the trailer and I think Garfield looks the part. as for the suit I wasn't sure I liked it at first but after seeing the trailer for the game it has grown on me but that might be cause they added a practical(physical) belt for extra web cartridges coloured to blend with the suit so it makes the suit look more like the regular(proper) one

The new suit takes time getting used to but I must admit the more I look at the pictures, the more it grows on me. I just dont get the black portion on the groin though and hopefully, they will remove it on screen or HT will remove it.....

Someone in the forum mention its looks like he soiled himself....I totally agree.

:rotfl

xlarge_triptico_1312577230835.jpg

Spidey is my favorite. I am taking a "wait and see" view with this movie. I am not loving or hating the new suit. I ok with Garfield, but again, I want to see his performance. As far as lizard, I think he looks kinda neat. If HT were to release both today, Lizard would be a definite buy, spidey would only be a probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back