Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied. I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq... I took life for my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent! And all this death just so I could kill you!” [emoji95]
e25c174268f1794f680400f34ca69d03.jpg
0a93b1e6a2835ca0160af96a35d2376b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolute fantastic - where is this from?

“I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied. I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq... I took life for my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent! And all this death just so I could kill you!” [emoji95]
e25c174268f1794f680400f34ca69d03.jpg
0a93b1e6a2835ca0160af96a35d2376b.jpg

Spectacular.

“ALL THAT CHALLENGE S*** IS OVER WITH!”
Still working on my King Killmonger kitbash. I’ll probably switch to a dyed phicen body whenever I figure out a way to make the neck piece.
The nutpiz sculpt is as good as advertised. However, the back hair piece is extreeemly fragile. I’ve already glued it back on 2xs

b6ca07a0eb672afddbfa51179d935de0.jpg
a39f90416bb022262f5bf911659929ad.jpg
ae4a0db9f75ed81fea067e19d010b16f.jpg

I still can't believe Hot Toys passed up on both the tactical suit killmonger and the robe wearing killmonger. Both would of been purchased for sure.

I still can't believe Hot Toys passed up on both the tactical suit killmonger and the robe wearing killmonger. Both would of been purchased for sure.

:exactly: I'd have definitely got the Tactical version...probably not gonna happen but I am really, really hoping that Hot Toys re-visit this line and make him. :pray: :pray:

Are you guys not worried buying figures like this, knowing that the suit will pretty much deteriorate in a matter of 4-5 years time?

What basis or evidence do you have to support your claim that the material on this suit will deteriorate in 4-5 years?

My civil war black panther still looks great. The material on it is so good. I didn’t think about it and had the arms bent for a year. After bending them straight all the wrinkles came out in a week. No stretching or anything. Because of that I I’m confident buying this guy.

I finally decided to cancel my PO. While I think the figure looks good, this is not the version I really wanted from the movie. Did he ever really have the jaguar suit without his helmet on? Not for long if he did. I would have preferred the tactical suit version instead like some of you guys have stated. There should be one available on BBTS now if anyone is interested.

I finally decided to cancel my PO. While I think the figure looks good, this is not the version I really wanted from the movie. Did he ever really have the jaguar suit without his helmet on? Not for long if he did. I would have preferred the tactical suit version instead like some of you guys have stated. There should be one available on BBTS now if anyone is interested.

I’m with you there. I cancelled mine too. I’m actually on the fence if I want to keep my Black Panther PO. I think it looks good overall there are just some things I don’t like. We’ll see. I have until June to decide

I never preordered at all. Doesn’t make sense them not making the version I’m sure most people wanted from the movie. Black Jaguar? Get out of here with that mess.

Cat woman figure, abe Saphien, older black widow figure and a few others have flaked and deteriorate. I dunno what it is with this kinda material.

I can't comment on those examples as I haven't owned any of the figures you've just listed, however owning the CW Black Panther and BP T'Chaka I feel like the material on those suits are very durable. As long as you leave them in a dry environment and don't stress the material I have no doubts it will last for a very long time...or at least I hope so!

I can't comment on those examples as I haven't owned any of the figures you've just listed, however owning the CW Black Panther and BP T'Chaka I feel like the material on those suits are very durable. As long as you leave them in a dry environment and don't stress the material I have no doubts it will last for a very long time...or at least I hope so!

It should last. First of all, this looks more like the CW Panther suit material than the ones that he cited. That said, I have all the BW figures and two Selina Kyle Catwoman figures, as well as other figures with pleather parts to their outfits like Hellboy, Blade, Abigail Whistler, Nick Fury, Winter Soldier and Bane, and none have shown signs of deterioration. I'm sure environment and careful handling are factors in keeping these in good condition. I have all of my figures displayed in my basement, and it never gets too hot or cold, nor does it get too humid or dry. I also try to avoid the pleather when handling them and keep to basic poses.

I haven’t seen any of the BP figures in hand yet. I’m just assuming they are using the usual Lycra/ spandex type material ironed on with printed patterns like their older figures. Glad to hear that these are done differently. I’d love to get a Killmonger figure. MBJ did a great job portraying the character.

I am happy to get the jaguar suit, if the rumors are true, even if they resurrect killmonger, I doubt he will wear the jaguar suit again. Maybe then we'll get one that's similar to the comics.
And in all honesty, I prefer the jaguar suit more than the black panther suit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back