Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've ever had to say this before, but if killmonger ends up looking like that in the final product, I'm 100% canceling my order... I don't think I've ever seen them drift so far from screen accuracy after the first proto before.

I don't think I've ever had to say this before, but if killmonger ends up looking like that in the final product, I'm 100% canceling my order... I don't think I've ever seen them drift so far from screen accuracy after the first proto before.

Watch...if Killmonger ends up being botched, there will be HT apologists that will make excuses for the downgrade/inaccuracies and say anything they can to justify their purchase. :slap

It's not lighting look at the helmet it still has the jaguar pattern and the black panther suit next to him looks nice. The fd up its looks terrible.

I cant believe the messed up so this thing was supposed to look different in UV light like the panther suit . Did the not know how to do that with thr gold color?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Watch...if Killmonger ends up being botched, there will be HT apologists that will make excuses for the downgrade/inaccuracies and say anything they can to justify their purchase. :slap

Well, it depends on the reason they collect... Some people don't care as much about screen accuracy. For me, it's the primary reason I collect these...
I don't know if this change is because of the design marvel gave them or not, but to me it seems like they got lazy and decided to take creative liberties to make up for it, because the only time those lines showed up is when he activated the suit. They went away after... I truly hope that isn't the final product because that is just unacceptable. I'm usually pretty lenient on minor details of screen accuracy on a figure, but I draw the line here.

Last edited:
Well, it depends on the reason they collect... Some people don't care as much about screen accuracy. For me, it's the primary reason I collect these...
I don't know if this change is because of the design marvel gave them or not, but to me it seems like they got lazy and decided to take creative liberties to make up for it.... I truly hope that isn't the final product because that is just unacceptable. I'm usually pretty lenient on minor details of screen accuracy on a figure, but I draw the line here.

True...I'm a collector with my priority being screen accuracy and likeness. I ended up purchasing Hela due to how incredible the headsculpt was...didn't really care much for her character or Ragnarok on a whole, but because of how amazing the work was I decided to purchase it.

With Killmonger, I once again don't really care for the character, but because his outfit looked so sick and the Michael B. Jordan prototype headsculpt looked pretty solid I was on board...but now that we're seeing potential quality-cutting by HT again it seems like this has dropped from "will buy" to "pass." :wave

If it's a glowing effect like panthers and only there under certain light, then that would be pretty cool, but not if the lines are always there.

64740657_453641015454295_1856270253852459008_o.jpg

The yellow is the same as the purple on Tchalla's suit, its only visible when its holding energy, the rest of the lime the raised lines are there but blend in color wise. I assume they decided they couldn't get a similar glow effect to work so they're just painting it on, looks cheap

QTpTfC9.png

Damn...I really hope that's the lighting cause that looks horrendous!

First they botch the Chadwick sculpt...and now potentially Killmonger suit muck up! Yeesh, HT's batting average with the BP line might be the worst I've ever seen...

Makes me very very worried about Shuri’s release

If it's a glowing effect like panthers and only there under certain light, then that would be pretty cool, but not if the lines are always there.

View attachment 458447

The yellow is the same as the purple on Tchalla's suit, its only visible when its holding energy, the rest of the lime the raised lines are there but blend in color wise. I assume they decided they couldn't get a similar glow effect to work so they're just painting it on, looks cheap

QTpTfC9.png

Looking at that possible production photo, its interesting to see the head sculpt is dark and shows his standard look, while the costume appears to have a supercharged look with bright gold lines. Like they took the head from one figure, and through it on the head of another figure.

Agreed that the issues are way more than lighting the more I look at this. WOW.

Hopefully this means that the figure is actually coming out on time. With last year's delay I'm curious to see if they changed the Michael B. Jordan head sculpt at all.

I would hope so cuz the Jordan sculpt they revealed earlier this year is VERY bad. Looks nothing like the actor. I said it before and I’ll say it again. Hot toys does an absolutely horrible job with black people sculpts.

I’m generally really easy to please, but if that prototype is the actual final version I’ll likely cancel..... 1st time for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QTpTfC9.png

If that’s the case and they couldn’t figure out how to get the lighting effect to work, then they should of gone with a non-lighted suit instead of one which is lighted all the time.

If that’s the case and they couldn’t figure out how to get the lighting effect to work, then they should of gone with a non-lighted suit instead of one which is lighted all the time.

I agree...the muted, but visible, jaguar pattern looks better visually than the cheap, bright, one-tone yellow highlights...HT congrats on botching it again! :clap

Man I hope this is not how it ends up looking. I didn’t pre-order this figure till about a month ago. Decided I thought it looked really cool and wanted a villain. Now this is reminding me of my first ever hot toys pre-order stealth cap. He looks great and produce and then looks horrible in actual production

And other than Black Panther, Kilmonger, Fury and Shuri has Hot Toys even made any other characters that are portrayed by black actors/actresses?

Their produced figures are usually pretty lacking in diversity. Think about... the only Justice League member they didn't do is Cyborg. The only Guardian they didn't do is Mantis.

P.S. Just remembered War Machine. But even then they've yet to make a full on Chedle.

I agree...the muted, but visible, jaguar pattern looks better visually than the cheap, bright, one-tone yellow highlights...HT congrats on botching it again! :clap

Wow, I did not see this coming. :slap If looks like the concept art for one of the alternate golden jaguar suit designs, not the actual one in the movie. Unfortunately it doesn't quite capture the coolness factor of that one. That said, if the lines were more gold than yellow and the underlying jaguar pattern was more defined, that would look pretty badass. If only. Where were those pics taken?

golden jag concept art.jpg0005337B-5CB5-455C-B80E-6CD5C95A3334.jpeg

And other than Black Panther, Kilmonger, Fury and Shuri has Hot Toys even made any other characters that are portrayed by black actors/actresses?

Their produced figures are usually pretty lacking in diversity. Think about... the only Justice League member they didn't do is Cyborg. The only Guardian they didn't do is Mantis.

P.S. Just remembered War Machine. But even then they've yet to make a full on Chedle.

Also Anthony Mackie/Falcon, Dwayne Johnson/Roadblock and Wesley Snipes/Blade.

Back