Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prototype is already bad and doesn’t have any likeness to Michael B Jordan so I don’t expect it to magically get better in production. Hot toys just can’t do African Americans right. Shuri looks good but we will see what that production sculpt really looks like. There’s no mask to hide behind there.

Yeah it looks pretty bad. I always hope in hand videos and photos might make it look better but i don't have any hope for this one. Fingers crossed they make a tactical version someday.

The Head sculpt is ok. I bought it to display with the helmet on though so it’ll just be an added bonus if the head sculpt comes out decent like the BP one.

The prototype is already bad and doesn’t have any likeness to Michael B Jordan so I don’t expect it to magically get better in production. Hot toys just can’t do African Americans right. Shuri looks good but we will see what that production sculpt really looks like. There’s no mask to hide behind there.

Can't say I was blown away by the proto sculpt...very little MBJ likeness and I'll be astonished if it improves by the time it gets to final product. (When was the last time HT served up a lacklustre proto and then surprised everyone with a great final?)

Overall I'm just not feeling it with this BP line. I may pick up Shuri if she turns out great...but that will probably it for me.

I kindly disagree. I think the proto headsculpt is pretty solid...but if they pull a bait and switch like they did with the Chadwick sculpt where it went from 4K quality to a downgraded SD, I will be pretty darn upset.

That's fine. Def disagree on that one. Likeness is shoddy at best with the sculpt. Maybe better from viewed from below or maybe 3/4's? Don't know, but to me that prototype is already off so it's f*&ked from the jump.

Yeah it looks pretty bad. I always hope in hand videos and photos might make it look better but i don't have any hope for this one. Fingers crossed they make a tactical version someday.

Tactical suit with the tribal mask would be a god send. Don't know what they were thinking with the golden jaguar release. Maybe because it is easy to piggy back off the black panther design since they are so similar, but it was a no brainer that most people probably wanted the tactical suit version of this character.

Such awesome costumes and designs in the Black Panther movie with almost nothing to show for it from Hot Toys.

I got a nut piz head sculpt on the way. Does anybody have a suggestion on a neckpiece for this “reverend killmonger” costume?
58acc0b1c647ffcdcb1a27832946ddca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a nut piz head sculpt on the way. Does anybody have a suggestion on a neckpiece for this “reverend killmonger” costume?
58acc0b1c647ffcdcb1a27832946ddca.jpg

I bought a Finn body to use for mine, but I wasn't happy with the arms so I bought a HT Noland body to use. Both of those have brown necks and torsos.

I bought a Finn body to use for mine, but I wasn't happy with the arms so I bought a HT Noland body to use. Both of those have brown necks and torsos.

The one I have is the fin body, the arms are slim but not to bad as it fits the cloak I have. I’ll prob use clay for the scars, but that neck piece is all I need now.

Not yet, but I've been planning to. Already have all the materials, just need to put it together and wait for the Hot Toys figure to arrive so I can use the head.

Are you redoing the hot toys head to have the correct hairstyle when he wears the tactical suit?

“I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied. I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq... I took life for my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent! And all this death just so I could kill you!” [emoji95]
e25c174268f1794f680400f34ca69d03.jpg
0a93b1e6a2835ca0160af96a35d2376b.jpg

The sculpt is amazing but I still hope nutpiz didnt sculpt the beard like that...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back