Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really the best to do in a situation like this. But besides this "fiasco", they have a ton of excellent products and their customer service is the absolute best. I hope things work out for you.

Maybe in a month or two we'll all receive confirmation that our waitlist reservations have converted.

...and maybe I'm living in a fantasy world. Let's at least try to be optimistic until the WL is cancelled. Then we can grab the pitchforks and light the torches!

Maybe in a month or two we'll all receive confirmation that our waitlist reservations have converted.

...and maybe I'm living in a fantasy world. Let's at least try to be optimistic until the WL is cancelled. Then we can grab the pitchforks and light the torches!

No...say ur peace now and let it go. We only have two options now...either your WL converts or HT releases a second batch that's a little different. Not sure what could be different. Maybe no alien trophy or perhaps a phasing version.

Speaking of which, I think the sting of this is worse because there is no other alternative...no regular release or nothing. Its not like an EX head, hand, stand or weapon. The WHOLE figure is exclusive. No other reasonable option for it. Given that fact, I think it is fair to give SSC & HTs all the grief they can handle. Maybe that might convince them that demand is there for an alternate version.

I sent an angry e-mail yesterday. Power to the fan!
Angry email = you get a standard response, "we are sorry you were unable to obtain this...get on the waitlist."

seriously, this has happened before and will happen again. Sideshow is distancing themselves from it to let it blow over; although I think this is the worst from my experience- at least PZ had a regular that fans could get.

Saying you won't buy anything else from Sideshow is silly. They make great statues and usually have A+ customer service. I just wish they did more to address issues like this where so many fans get screwed.

You're right. Just time to cut ties. I'm not going to be loyal to a company that that does something like that. Now it's a wait and see for me. I like Sideshow and everything they've done up until this point.

No need to get upset over a repaint IMO. Scalpers are pushing the price up since they know some fools are willing to pay the price.
Just save your money and buy the upcoming Predators with the new developed bodies. They look better anyway, and cheaper too.

No need to get upset over a repaint IMO. Scalpers are pushing the price up since they know some fools are willing to pay the price.
Just save your money and buy the upcoming Predators with the new developed bodies. They look better anyway, and cheaper too.

Bingo. The only reason things go for insane prices is because there are people willing to pay them. If people didn't pay those prices, they wouldn't exist. But sadly, if you aren't willing to pay the going rate, someone else will. So that just means you don't want it as much as that other guy. :cuckoo:

In the end, HT/SS really just blew it. 200 for the entire USA/whoever buys from Sideshow. Thats nuts. Even for a con exclusive. Should have been 500 minimum like the Asian Toy Fairs.

busey.jpg

nov262007_2.gif

Steady listening to Ratatat's new album. Waiting till the waitlist converts, life can't get much better. Life can't get much better than that.

Yep. I blame them. If that's the way they really plan to handle this by just hoping it goes away then that's not professional and unfair to their members. Time will tell.

You're right. Just time to cut ties. I'm not going to be loyal to a company that that does something like that. Now it's a wait and see for me. I like Sideshow and everything they've done up until this point.

I sent an angry e-mail yesterday. Power to the fan!

I know it made me look like a prick I guess. But it wasn't hateful. It was just angy, which I was. I think they need to hear it.

Wrench.jpg

Just stick to your guns, MS. People here are gonna give you ____ just because you're new and god forbid a new guy, or anyone else for that matter, should sling mud at the great and powerful Oz...er...Sideshow.
I dont have a complete Pred collection, but I surely wanted this one, and like my bro Lee said, we've done PPO since before they started them and have not lost out on one...until now. First time for everything. But my order went in at 10:00:14 and I checked the box and signed in and everything but got the waitlist screen. Then when I tried to place the WT, it said I already had an order. Not sure how that happened and I havent called SS yet to figure it out. But stick to your guns, write your emails, and give 'em hell. SS usually has Class A customer service and this is just unacceptable. The least they could do, with their Class A CS, is issue a statement to thier loyal fans. There will be those who dont think that's necessary, but as someone already mentioned, it's just the right and professional thing to do. I expect more from SS, especially on a site dedicated to thier products and products they distribute.
Peace

Wow looks like everything he's got is going. And 8 grand is pretty decent price for all that stuff. He could have possibly paid double that. Or he could have gotten them all when they came out and pretty much break even on it. But who has $8 grand to pull out of their pockets just like that?

It does say best offer. I offered 5K, rejected

Just stick to your guns, MS. People here are gonna give you ____ just because you're new and god forbid a new guy, or anyone else for that matter, should sling mud at the great and powerful Oz...er...Sideshow.
I dont have a complete Pred collection, but I surely wanted this one, and like my bro Lee said, we've done PPO since before they started them and have not lost out on one...until now. First time for everything. But my order went in at 10:00:14 and I checked the box and signed in and everything but got the waitlist screen. Then when I tried to place the WT, it said I already had an order. Not sure how that happened and I havent called SS yet to figure it out. But stick to your guns, write your emails, and give 'em hell. SS usually has Class A customer service and this is just unacceptable. The least they could do, with their Class A CS, is issue a statement to thier loyal fans. There will be those who dont think that's necessary, but as someone already mentioned, it's just the right and professional thing to do. I expect more from SS, especially on a site dedicated to thier products and products they distribute.
Peace

Are you 100% sure there wasn't a T number on top of what you call the WL screen? If your order goes through, but the item gets sold out during the processing phase, that can happen. I guess you should have gotten a confirmation mail with a T number if your order went through... . Definitely a strange glitch there.

Oh, and I don't mind the people expressing their anger towards SSC, not at all. I rather get a headache from people defending them blindly. SSC is not infallible. If it's ok to tell the good things, it should be ok to talk about the bad things also. It' just that not everybody sees them, those bad things... .

What irritates me about this thread is that there was a lot of collateral damage. People with good intentions got into the line of fire. That is not right. There's was too much presumptions, too little facts. I guess that is what happens in the heat of the moment, when feelings overpower the mind.

Last edited:
Back