Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was a figure that had a low production run, and many still consider it to be the cream of the crop when it comes to HT Preds. Not to mention that the Elder has a big fan contingent.
i have no idea what the production run was.
i just thought it was the same as the other non-exclusive P2 figures that came out then.
I would like the Elder as well. He's one of my favorite figures, too expensive for me, I understand why too. He does look to be the best figure sculpt and paint wise too.
the head sculpt is just about perfect, but from the neck down it isn't nearly as nice as the P1. neither is the paint app.
and i still have no idea why it didn't come with face quills like the AVP Elder did. it makes a huge difference.

Depending on what SS shows us at SDCC, my Elder may be sold to fund more awesome pieces...same with my Celtic...

Oh really? That must be for things other than hot Toys right? Bios, statues, dioramas..

the head sculpt is just about perfect, but from the neck down it isn't nearly as nice as the P1.
and i still have no idea why it didn't come with face quills like the AVP Elder did. it makes a huge difference.
The P1 is a magnificent Predator. The only problem I had was that the head and dreads seemed off. I wasn't to keen on that but other than that it seems to be very good and threaten the P2 as king. I also got Guardian, or wanted Guardian, because he is mostly P1 and P2 parts and I never had a P1.

I am just thinking every second counts. Additionally, I was doing the one finger typing thing incase I made any mistakes. That took extra time.

I know what you mean. Luckily I type fast... even with fingers shaking. Autofill could save you a couple of precious seconds, though.

If you go into Safari Preferences you'll find AutoFill in the toolbar. There you can select from several options and edit your selections. Definitely worth taking a look. :)

Oh really? That must be for things other than hot Toys right? Bios, statues, dioramas..

The P1 is a magnificent Predator. The only problem I had was that the head and dreads seemed off. I wasn't to keen on that but other than that it seems to be very good and threaten the P2 as king. I also got Guardian, or wanted Guardian, because he is mostly P1 and P2 parts and I never had a P1.

Why don't you have a P1 elder? I think the P1 is the best predator, but he is the newest so hot toys had lots of practice.

Why don't you have a P1 elder? I think the P1 is the best predator, but he is the newest so hot toys had lots of practice.

I did not like the way the dreads fell. That was a really big turn off for me. I wouldn't have gotten guardian if the dreads were like P1's. The head, armor and everything else on P1 were okay but the dreads....:gah:

I did not like the way the dreads fell. That was a really big turn off for me. I wouldn't have gotten guardian if the dreads were like P1's. The head, armor and everything else on P1 were okay but the dreads....:gah:

Those can be very easily fixed dude.

I know now and regret it, but a summer ago I did not know that. I also don't like to mess with my figures so i would have had to buy a new head to fix the dreads.

the dreads can be fixed with small pieces of wire. i had the same thing done to my Lost and it looks awesome.
it's definitely worth it.

Then STFU! You should be grateful and feel fortunate. Instead you're taking it for granted. You're hanging around this thread bashing people who didn't get one. (I'll bet I'm not the only one you tried to convince) I don't need to explain myself to you. Instead of telling me I should have read the rules and asked questions you could have been considerate by asking if I had. Preparing for anything for the first time is one thing. Experiencing anything for the first time is another. Screw you.

:lol:lol Too, too funny! And you're right, the convincing goes on for pages and pages....

Don't care if I made an assumption. I'm not going to look back through pages of replys to make sure I'm right. Your replys to my post were enough for me to safely assume you've been a jerk to everyone who's been venting.

Ding, ding, ding...give that man a cookie!

Wow. When did this thread become all about pisssing and moaning? I thought this was a SW thread for a sec. Unsubscribe.

Me too...I started hearing John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra!

yeah, it's way better to piss and moan about the pissing and moaning. high five.

This circular argument has been going on for years. What's worst, the pissing and moaning or those pissing and moaning about the pissing and moaning.

so did i. so why are you even bothering to troll here?
you're just complaining about the complaining. same s*** different ass****

Wow :lol Touche'

hot toys will make more.... you'll see... same thing happened with the iron man gunmetal version.

Since when did HT make more Sillything Iron Men?

The only thing I can say is that some people made it through maybe a second earlier and clogged the system up for everyone else behind them. Probably starting at the 20 second mark. Thats when my internet froze. It was very slow.

Please, everyone stop complaining. Maybe if there were 2000 everybody would have gotten one, there wasn't. No where near that amount. A small amount was available. It was expected to sell out quick and also expected that the website would freeze during the process. I know you wanted one, but why get mad when you don't. Everyone knew their odds were very low. You don't get mad when you buy a lottery ticket and don't win. But thats because nobody expects to win. As mentioned, Life goes on.

Jebus Christ...I think you're a reasonable guy and that vid you posted was HILARIOUS!!! But that vid also tells me from your reaction that if your order had not gone through, all that calm reassuring tone that you are asking others to have would certainly be nowhere NEAR your state of mind. Just saying...:peace

I'm not bashing people who didn't get one, I'm calling you out on blaming Sideshow with your douchy little entitlement crybaby rant. Fact is, the reality that you didn't get one is your own fault. Own it.

I'm not calling out people who're pissed that they missed it, just the people blaming Sideshow for their mistakes. It's ridiculous to say it's Sideshow's fault because you forgot to click the item box. It's ridiculous to blame them because this is your first PPO and you didn't read the rules. Hell, it's ridiculous to blame Sideshow because in your haste you didn't read the ____ing big bold letters on the sreamlined page (and by "you" I don't mean you bud). That's what's annoying me.

I also got screwed by the checkbox. My order would have went in at 24 seconds...I did not notice the checkbox:(
Anyways, I got waitlisted at 3 minutes. I do think the streamlined Priority pre-order works though....now I know better, this won't happen again. Can't really fault sideshow for this one.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:
Well, I guess I got lucky. This was my PPO. I forgot the box, and my internet slowed down. I still got one...at 34 seconds too.

Might not have mattered if you checked the box or not. This whole thing was a cluster____ to say the least. Attendee and Non-attendee. My brother and I both (me being in Michigan and him in California) were online since 12:30/9:30 and have been doing PPOs since Jedi Luke with 100% success (we have all the SSC SW exclusives) and this was the FIRST time we have ever missed one on both coast. We are completely familiar with the PPO ordering process and have always been successful even early on when SSC servers sucked arse and none of that made a difference in this case. So there is absolutely no reason to believe you would have gotten an order if you did hit the check box or not. Just like EP2 already mentioned, it was the luck of the draw. It was ____ed up but it was still just that...a crap shoot.

Okay, yes I would've been mad. But I would not blame other things like Sideshow or a small LE. I would blame myself for being such a FAILURE! I would be more mad at myself if I had not gotten one because of the box. I admit, everything was just one big CLUSTER ____! Thats what I have been saying since Thursday in chat. Anyways, I'm done with it, and this reply is not meant in a negative tone but more of an up beat tone.

Okay, yes I would've been mad. But I would not blame other things like Sideshow or a small LE. I would blame myself for being such a FAILURE! I would be more mad at myself if I had not gotten one because of the box. I admit, everything was just one big CLUSTER ____! Thats what I have been saying since Thursday in chat. Anyways, I'm done with it, and this reply is not meant in a negative tone but more of an up beat tone.

I totally get what you are saying but the fact of the matter is IT WOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED!

I checked the box...my brother checked the box...you didn't...others did...some didn't. There is absolutely no reasoning to it. I checked it...didn't get it. You didn't check it...you got one.

I agree SS has little blame in this but I don't think its wrong to direct frustrations to them. Afterall, they are the ones selling it...who else are you gonna be mad at. Oh yeah, HTs. So throw a little salt their way and you're done. Cause checking or not checking the box was no gaurantee either way.

The fault I find with SSC is not being more vocal about the whole thing. There are still questions regarding how many they had to sell and what their total allotment was and those are easy things to clear up. Its not like its a trade secret and HTs hasn't already released the production numbers, but as usual, they left some things unclear. So having a website full of fans devoted to your product seems like an easy avenue to speak up and clear up some misconceptions.

Might even quell a lot of the misgivings about their role in this whole... menagerie :huh

:lol:lol Too, too funny! And you're right, the convincing goes on for pages and pages....

Ding, ding, ding...give that man a cookie!

Me too...I started hearing John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra!

This circular argument has been going on for years. What's worst, the pissing and moaning or those pissing and moaning about the pissing and moaning.

Wow :lol Touche'

Since when did HT make more Sillything Iron Men?

Jebus Christ...I think you're a reasonable guy and that vid you posted was HILARIOUS!!! But that vid also tells me from your reaction that if your order had not gone through, all that calm reassuring tone that you are asking others to have would certainly be nowhere NEAR your state of mind. Just saying...:peace

Might not have mattered if you checked the box or not. This whole thing was a cluster____ to say the least. Attendee and Non-attendee. My brother and I both (me being in Michigan and him in California) were online since 12:30/9:30 and have been doing PPOs since Jedi Luke with 100% success (we have all the SSC SW exclusives) and this was the FIRST time we have ever missed one on both coast. We are completely familiar with the PPO ordering process and have always been successful even early on when SSC servers sucked arse and none of that made a difference in this case. So there is absolutely no reason to believe you would have gotten an order if you did hit the check box or not. Just like EP2 already mentioned, it was the luck of the draw. It was ____ed up but it was still just that...a crap shoot.

Agreed. This thing was a crap shoot. I've ignored the nam fella, but since you quoted him I read what he said. Still assuming I didn't read the rules... Whatever. He's not worth it. I don't use forums to argue. This guy loves to carry on though.
I'll just hope for the best with the waitlist like every other unfortunate fan. I was done with my venting yesterday. Moving on...

I'm not calling out people who're pissed that they missed it, just the people blaming Sideshow for their mistakes. It's ridiculous to say it's Sideshow's fault because you forgot to click the item box. It's ridiculous to blame them because this is your first PPO and you didn't read the rules. Hell, it's ridiculous to blame Sideshow because in your haste you didn't read the ____ing big bold letters on the sreamlined page (and by "you" I don't mean you bud). That's what's annoying me.

I don't disagree with that. I think the only possible blame for Sideshow is if they were responsible for website F'ups or if they had a part in making the Guardian Predator such a low edition size. However people who wanted this figure and especially PPO virgins like me should have clarified well in advance what the whole thing entailed and went over it again closer to time.

I followed the process with no evident problems but still didn't get one so any annoyance I feel is directed towards Hot toys, and its the same annoyance I felt when Guardian (and originally the T-sarah) were first announced as Con exclusives. I'm just relieved they changed their minds about the T-sarah otherwise I'd be as pi$$ed off as anyone here.

I don't disagree with that. I think the only possible blame for Sideshow is if they were responsible for website F'ups or if they had a part in making the Guardian Predator such a low edition size. However people who wanted this figure and especially PPO virgins like me should have clarified well in advance what the whole thing entailed and went over it again closer to time.

I followed the process with no evident problems but still didn't get one so any annoyance I feel is directed towards Hot toys, and its the same annoyance I felt when Guardian (and originally the T-sarah) were first announced as Con exclusives. I'm just relieved they changed their minds about the T-sarah otherwise I'd be as pi$$ed off as anyone here.

The streamline ordering process cause the normal site to be disabled. After the ordering had ended and the Guardian was sold out I couldn't get back to the regular site to waitlist for the item because of the streamline. Tried, but internet explorer and google kept telling me the link appears to be broken. That's a website F up. That cause a 4 minute delay for me to place a reservation for waitlist. That's on Sideshow. I realize they did the best they can (so to speak) getting the site up and running again as fast as possible. None-the-less it cause a delay...

The fault I find with SSC is not being more vocal about the whole thing.
Might even quell a lot of the misgivings about their role in this whole... menagerie :huh
Of course they are going to be quiet because they are damned if they do, damned if they don't at this point. I think they are well aware of how pissed alot of people are and just want it to go away at this point. I know some disagree, but people have a right to be angry that so many people were screwed in getting this after Sideshow hyped it.

What I find more telling is how their mods are trying to censor the crap out of their Facebook page and their SDCC page in reference to this preorder. I have posted a few very general questions on their site About ES or WL and they never got posted and I have seen many things on their Facebook page get removed; there was a guy being a prick, so I understand removing his. (I posted one thing and it is still there)

I think Sideshow just wants this to go away so they can focus on more...positive SDCC news. do you blame them?

Last edited:
Yep. I blame them. If that's the way they really plan to handle this by just hoping it goes away then that's not professional and unfair to their members. Time will tell.

Yep. I blame them. If that's the way they really plan to handle this by just hoping it goes away then that's not professional and unfair to their members. Time will tell.

These things happen all the time, not just sideshow, and I've never seen anything be done. It will be swept under the rug, so there's no point holding a grudge.

You're right. Just time to cut ties. I'm not going to be loyal to a company that that does something like that. Now it's a wait and see for me. I like Sideshow and everything they've done up until this point.

Back