Hasbro's 2008 Indy Line pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks lik hasbro have up there game for the 12 inch figure, i think there really good for a pice aound £15-25. Might get that Cairo Swordsman and really like the Taters of the Lost Ark.

I'm definitely getting that 12" Indy if only for the jacket which I think looks tons better than SSC's.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

That thing looks like a cheap toy jacket at the very very best. Even if the SS one looks too new it at least looks like it belongs on Indy.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Look at these two jackets side by side.

indy_jackets.jpg

There is absolutely no leather texture in the Sideshow jacket. It's plain brown vinyl. The way the stitching looks on the pocket makes it painfully obvious. The Hasbro jacket looks like, well, a leather jacket. I'm as surprised as anybody, but judging by the prototypes, Hasbro has outdone Sideshow in several places. Even their belt looks nicer. That's not to say that the Hasbro figure will be the better one overall -- far from it. But I can't understand how Hasbro can do something that Sideshow can't.

Maybe it'll take a couple of items from the Hasbro INDY to satisfy some people once they have their SS INDY in hand-- if that's the case no big whoop-- we're talking about a what, $15-20 Hasbro 12" fot kit bashing?

The Hasbro jackets sleeves will likely be too short for SSC bodies.

Only if Indy has "monkey arms." :monkey3

I hope SS fixed that problem on the new body. I know they altered the buck body for Maul but hopefully they fixed this problem from the start.

Hasbro sure is milking this license just like Star Wars. 30 figures in the first year!!! :google:

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Look at these two jackets side by side.

indy_jackets.jpg

There is absolutely no leather texture in the Sideshow jacket. It's plain brown vinyl. The way the stitching looks on the pocket makes it painfully obvious. The Hasbro jacket looks like, well, a leather jacket. I'm as surprised as anybody, but judging by the prototypes, Hasbro has outdone Sideshow in several places. Even their belt looks nicer. That's not to say that the Hasbro figure will be the better one overall -- far from it. But I can't understand how Hasbro can do something that Sideshow can't.

Having just gotten one of the Wested Leather (authentic lambskin) Indy jacket's, I have to disagree. The leather is incredibly smooth and looks more like the Sideshow coat than the one from Hasbro. The one from Hasbro also looks black to me.

Having just gotten one of the Wested Leather (authentic lambskin) Indy jacket's, I have to disagree. The leather is incredibly smooth and looks more like the Sideshow coat than the one from Hasbro. The one from Hasbro also looks black to me.

Yep. The Hasbro one is also too think and doesn't sit right.

I'm happy with Sideshow's jacket, 'cause I will weather it to look perfect.

We're getting a ton of Indy merchandise, from high-end to kids toys for the first time in 26 years and we're arguing about it already?!?

Right! The Hasbro one looks like a bomber jacket which is not what Indy wore.

I'm not saying that the Hasbro jacket is perfect, but it looks considerably better to me. I am very skeptical about whether the material shown in the Sideshow prototype can be weathered to look like real leather. Sideshow has done much better looking leather materials than this. Look at Aragorn's duster. Even the T-800 terminator leather jacket (which sucked overall) had some texture to it. I'm not seeing that at all here.

I take it some people in this thread have never owned a nice leather jacket?

The SS one looks fine. Just needs weathered.

Only if Indy has "monkey arms." :monkey3

I hope SS fixed that problem on the new body. I know they altered the buck body for Maul but hopefully they fixed this problem from the start.

Hasbro sure is milking this license just like Star Wars. 30 figures in the first year!!! :google:

Hasbro's arms have always been too short. Even with their last upgraded body, like the one they gave Dooku, the sleeves are way too short for a standard SSC body.

SS jacket does not look like plastic.

Get some glasses.

Better yet, just buy Hasbro's and call it a day!

Nice leather jackets look like plastic, do they?

Actually, really, REALLY nice leather jackets can actually look more like plastic than leather...but that said, I think the Sideshow one does look too plasticky, though maybe they'll weather it for the production figure.

I think it's mostly the stitching the is ruining the look for me. It's out of scale and the way the material looks around the stitches makes it look like smooth vinyl to me, rather than smooth leather.

indy_jacket2.jpg

On the plus side it will most likely be some other material when finally produced so its probably a moot point :lol

I do prefer seeing a clean jacket now especially if thats what is close to what we'll see in the end. The difference between proto and production Aragorn was pretty dissapointing.

I actually like the Hasbro Swordsman. Not a bad sculpt either, at least in the pic. It's good filler for the Sideshow line. Snakes + Swordsman, how do you pass that up?

:)

I think it's mostly the stitching the is ruining the look for me. It's out of scale and the way the material looks around the stitches makes it look like smooth vinyl to me, rather than smooth leather.

Same here. That could be a problem in production.

Back