A first look at Snake-eyes from the Joe sequel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can live with armored.... Sure he's a bad@$$, but dodging automatic fire is pushing it....

No mouth is an improvement, but you really can't judge the costume from a comic image, he still might have molded rubber muscles under the armor.
:slap

Probably because fans will want to see the movie more knowing he's in it. He's a geek icon at this point.

He means to say: why put a well known martial artist (who's supposed to kick, punch, and jump) into a movement-restricting rubber costume?

I get that, but even if the outfit wasn't restricted, why choose Park over an unknown martial artist with similar skills that would cost exponentially less money? It's name recognition. "Darth Maul is playing Snake Eyes!" It doesn't have to make perfect utilitarian sense to make sense from a business standpoint. Guy is supposed to be a great ninja, Park is a well known martial artist, BAM!

I get that, but even if the outfit wasn't restricted, why choose Park over an unknown martial artist with similar skills that would cost exponentially less money? It's name recognition. "Darth Maul is playing Snake Eyes!" It doesn't have to make perfect utilitarian sense to make sense from a business standpoint. Guy is supposed to be a great ninja, Park is a well known martial artist, BAM!

I get your point on that. There's tons of people out there that could infinitely do better on screen martial arts than Ray Park. And it's like who cares if it's Ray Park, we don't even see his face! They could have gotten someone better but for cheap then they could have used that money in developing a better story.

Scott Adkins could have worked...

I would have hired a whole team; one man can do parkour; another for the martial arts, a stunt driver; fall guy! Crap, a whole army of snake eyes. Hell, it wouldn't even be a GI Joe movie; I would just call it Snake Eyes and starring random commandos.

They could have gotten someone better but for cheap then they could have used that money in developing a better story.
Heh. If the producers had to rank, in order of importance, the different components of this movie, I imagine the story would be near the very bottom of that list. Even if the money was there, they wouldn't bother spending it :lol

Why would you use a comic to judge what the costume will look like? :dunno :lol

That said, I'm digging the casting of Duane as Road Block. He seems to fit the role as good as Park fit SE.

Not judging so much as thinking it may be an idea of what it will look like based on the Roadblock cover looking just like the Dwayne's outfit in the movie pics we've seen so far....

The Rock being in it at least gives me a little bit of interest in watching the sequel. Still haven't seen the first turd.

Back