A first look at Snake-eyes from the Joe sequel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While watching the first movie. I highly recommend, if one has the ability, to turn off all levels of higher cognition and decision making.

Makes sitting through it much more pleasant.

The Rock being in it at least gives me a little bit of interest in watching the sequel. Still haven't seen the first turd.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I've already argued with a few people over the casting "But bro, Roadblock's black!" who forget that Duane's father is Rocky Johnson. :lol

While watching the first movie. I highly recommend, if one has the ability, to turn off all levels of higher cognition and decision making.

Makes sitting through it much more pleasant.

How do you watch a movie with your eyes rolled back in your head and your jaw in the "underbite" position drooling all over yourself? :huh

If they would only re-cast Duke. That guy sucked so hard.

If the movies only didn't exist. :pray: :lol @ NAM...Rocky reference. His involvement definitely peaks my interest.

RockyMaivia_1.jpg

The only redeeming factor of GI JOE: RETALIATION is that Ray Stevenson is cast as FIREFLY. That is probably the only reason I will even see it when it comes out next year.

I will go so far as to say that I'll buy the 1:18/3.75" version of FIREFLY when it's released . . . provided Ray Stevenson's likeness is worthwhile.

I guess we'll wait until next year when the inevitable 1:18 figures & vehicles are released and we can start complaining about them.

I like Stevenson but Firefly shouldn't be someone that big. I would think of him as sneaky 5'10" sized dude.

The Rock, Bruce Willis, and Ray Stevenson? Damn. I might actually see this after all. I'm not sure the Rock is gonna be like any Roadblock I'm familiar with, but who cares? I'm sure he'll be great in the role. And I think Stevenson as Firefly is a pretty inspired choice. Of course, you can have a complete all-star cast and it would still fail if the story and direction blow. But this definitely isn't hurting things.

Maybe the GI JOE film franchise is like the RESIDENT EVIL film franchise.

When the first film came out . . . it was so so. When the first sequel came out . . . it was actually superior to the first film. Granted, the RE film franchise is a completely different canon compared to the video game series in the same manner as the first GI JOE film is a completely different canon compared to the comic book series.

I am not getting my expectations too high, but I suspect that if Dwayne Johnson's portrayal of ROAD BLOCK is better received than Channing Tatum's portrayal of DUKE, then DUKE will be a second or third tier character and Dwayne Johnson could end up being the core/primary character in any future sequels or DUKE will end up being recast with a more competent & worthwhile actor.

Maybe the GI JOE film franchise is like the RESIDENT EVIL film franchise.

When the first film came out . . . it was so so. When the first sequel came out . . . it was actually superior to the first film. Granted, the RE film franchise is a completely different canon compared to the video game series in the same manner as the first GI JOE film is a completely different canon compared to the comic book series.

I am not getting my expectations too high, but I suspect that if Dwayne Johnson's portrayal of ROAD BLOCK is better received than Channing Tatum's portrayal of DUKE, then DUKE will be a second or third tier character and Dwayne Johnson could end up being the core/primary character in any future sequels or DUKE will end up being recast with a more competent & worthwhile actor.

Poor comparison. I actually thought the first RE film was far better than the rest. :huh

Back