Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must have because this is the most updated thread here.

I figured the luster would wear off, I initially was AGAINST an Indy section but my mind changed when it first popped up...the disappointing movie didn't help but did spark a lot of debate over it in the section.

I guess we'll see how it goes when items start shipping...

Section is slow until the next movie

Mutt Williams and the search for Elvis

I guess we'll see how it goes when items start shipping...

Yeah, but that's one thread. The "I got my Indy" thread.

Since I started this, seems like this is the only thread that's gotten much mileage. I doubt one figure shipping in October will jump start this much.

And yes, the biggest question I have is: where's the next figure?

There was talk about TOHT coming soon. But Belloq preempted him at SDCC. I hope he's still to come. But with a new figure announced every three months this line is fading fast. This was always a tricky line -- guys in suits for the most part are not hugely exciting for most.

But me, I'm happy to have Belloq and hopefully Toht. Mola Ram would be a bonus. Not sure this line will survive long enough to get through them all though.

I'd be very happy if we got:

Toht
Marion
Sallah
Mola Ram

There's others I'd like to see, but I can't see it happening. Again, we'd be lucky to get all of the above.

It's possible they might do and Indy + villain like they did with Bond:

ROTLA Indy + Belloq
TOD Indy + Mola Ram
LC Indy + Vogel
CS Indy + Spalko

Honestly, there's a good chance that might sell better for SS.

Unfortunately I say 10 bucks the next figure announced will be from KOTCS. Now granted I would be down for some of those figures/characters but not before countless ROTLA, TOD (yes Temple of Doom), and TLC figures. Boy the luster hasn't worn of this thread though. :lol

Too many Chicken Littles and not enough patience.

Look what patience did for the 1/6th LOTR line. Nada. :)

And maybe a good chance it will end before the Fellowship is completed. Already people (dare I say even Pix) are already selling their collections. Many plan to get back in IF the Fellowship is ever completed, but enough believe it won't be to get out now.

Point is, I guess, when a line slows to a crawl it always is a sign that the line is ending. This one was slow from the get-go, so we'll have to see, but I don't really see a sudden surge in Indy products now. It's not like SS is holding back -- it's not like we're gonna see 3 1/6th figures announced at once, or even a figure a month like SW. We'd be lucky to see two more this year. TWO. That's Toht and Marion, maybe. After that... it's so far gone it has to be over.

Indy has the same sort of collecting appeal that Bond has. And the SS Bond line basically ended with their first series of figures (the majority of the entire line). Once in a blue moon a new piece was offered. Like once a year at best.

I'm sure SS had hopes to exploit each film in the series... but the complaints about Belloq alone would have me second guessing myself. I mean, in the movies, Belloq is one of the more "colorful" villains, so what's left if your audience don't like him?

Imagine this for a moment. The 1/6 Indy ships. Collectors get him on their shelf and suddenly there's high praise for such a fantastic collectible-- what's that? Another pre-order? Mola Ram?... The followng week, Short Round-- Monkey Man--- 3rd Nazi from the left (you get my drift)-- I'm not ready to sound the alarm bells. I want to see what'll happen when the first in the line actually ships. If Indy arrives on my doorstep and we've had nada--zip--zilch else announced then I'll concede the car seems to be out of gas.

I still have my entire LOTR 1/6 collection.

Live in hope.:D Collect for life.

Another pre-order? Mola Ram?... The followng week, Short Round-- Monkey Man--- 3rd Nazi from the left

Live in hope.:D Collect for life.

I'd love to see that. I WANT a Monkey Man. I want them all, believe me. I'm just disappointed, that's all. Thought we'd have 3 figures ordered by now (not counting Belloq). My only hope now is that -- gulp -- Hasbro will offer Monkey Man and the German Mechanic, etc, so I can bash a good custom of these lesser guys.

Just so you know, I have my 1/6th LOTR still too. :rock

I'm sure SS had hopes to exploit each film in the series... but the complaints about Belloq alone would have me second guessing myself. I mean, in the movies, Belloq is one of the more "colorful" villains, so what's left if your audience don't like him?

I would disagree with that. While Belloq is certainly crucial to Raiders, I wouldn't call him "colorful" by any stretch of the imagination.

What if they made Donovan from Last Crusade as their 2nd offering? Same deal.

And I don't think it was just being Belloq that hurt the line, but instead how they presented him. As far as "guys in suits" go, Toht would have the branded hand, the newspaper, perhaps a 2nd melted head, etc...but Belloq's just a dude in a white suit. They should've thrown in the ceremonial attire if not make him that way to begin with.

Just my opinion. And while I wasn't excited at all about Belloq...I'm sure I'll pick one up somewhere down the line.

Indy 12" figures were around in one form or another before Sideshow jumped into the game and they'll be around when SS quits them. :whip

I would disagree with that. While Belloq is certainly crucial to Raiders, I wouldn't call him "colorful" by any stretch of the imagination.

Seriously, Belloq's crucial to any Indy line. He's the epitome of opposition to Indy. So much so, they echoed him (the white suit) in Last Crusade's opening.

Other than Mola Ram, who's a great major villain that would really POP on the shelf? Lao Che? Donovan? Vogel (you could buy the Dragon Rommel)? Even Toht is technically a "guy in a suit". I don't see why Belloq is so maligned. Hell, he was 2nd in the SS Villains Wanted Poll.

Granted, he's not a real eye-popper, and I get that... but then again who really is?

Seriously, Belloq's crucial to any Indy line. He's the epitome of opposition to Indy. So much so, they echoed him (the white suit) in Last Crusade's opening.

Other than Mola Ram, who's a great major villain that would really POP on the shelf? Lao Che? Donovan? Vogel (you could buy the Dragon Rommel)? Even Toht is technically a "guy in a suit". I don't see why Belloq is so maligned. Hell, he was 2nd in the SS Villains Wanted Poll.

Granted, he's not a real eye-popper, and I get that... but then again who really is?

Like I said, it was really more of the presentation---for me anyway. And everyone loves the price point argument I know---but for $80 they could've thrown us a bone with the ceremonial outfit right?

Back