Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have way to much on pre-order and basically PF are a little boring. They look great, but have no futz value for me. I enjoy my 12" SO much more, and 12" Indy will be more fun for me.

I canceled my Hellboy PF too.

Many plan to get back in IF the Fellowship is ever completed, but enough believe it won't be to get out now.

Thats one of the things thats hurt LOTR. People waiting and waiting. If more people would have shown a desire to have these figures we might not be wondering whats gonna happen.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as far as Indy goes. We knew he wasn't gonna sell like SW but I admit 1 PF and 2 1:6th is much slower than I expected. The thing is people are being hard on Belloq and he's a nice piece. I really think people will be quite pleased with him but pleasing fans is getting to the point I think of impossible as a whole.

I have way to much on pre-order and basically PF are a little boring. They look great, but have no futz value for me. I enjoy my 12" SO much more, and 12" Indy will be more fun for me.

I canceled my Hellboy PF too.

I understand-- I did a pre-order purge recently as well. Indy will be my first non-SW PF and there's no way I'm cancelling. Got a place already picked out next to my big screen in the media room.:D:whip

I understand-- I did a pre-order purge recently as well. Indy will be my first non-SW PF and there's no way I'm cancelling. Got a place already picked out next to my big screen in the media room.:D:whip

Yeah, sometimes a good pre-order purge is just what the doctor ordered :lol

Given that PF is the only thing I buy from Sideshow these days I've gotten used to slow announcements and long waits between pre-order and shipment. If ROTLA Indy is the only thing we see out of the PF line, then I'll be happy with that.

It is frustrating to have very few new announcements, but Sideshow isn't the only company dragging its feet. GG isn't doing much better and Hasbro is screwing the collectors with its wacky case assortments. And some figures are clogging the pegs so much that it'll be near impossible to find new releases.

The only Indy collectible I'm truly having fun with so far are the Mighty Muggs. Not much else going on worth commenting about. Such a shame that companies are squandering away opportunities with what I consider to be a major license. LOTR had its fun in the sun, so I can understand that its popularity is now waning. But Indy never even got started.

I wish this were the case...but that probably ain't going to happen. :gun

I say it will. They really mass produced this sucker.

I won't be surprised if the regular is available to use with gift cards from SSC site in 6 months.

I say it will. They really mass produced this sucker.

I won't be surprised if the regular is available to use with gift cards from SSC site in 6 months.

I'll take that bet. The thing about Indy is that he's great as a standalone piece, plus a lot of people who have never bought PFs before will buy him. I don't see him becoming a "grail" but I also don't think it'll be the next Van Helsing by any stretch of the imagination.

There are a few well very established characters like Dagobah Luke, Elvis, and Creature that are on the gift card list. Considering there are 4000 of them, I think it will be there.

There are a few well very established characters like Dagobah Luke, Elvis, and Creature that are on the gift card list. Considering there are 4000 of them, I think it will be there.

He might be up for second chance at some point, but I doubt we'll see him on the gift card list. He looks a thousand times better than Elvis and is, overall, a more popular character, or I should say iconic character, than the scene specific Luke. Creature...well, I can't explain that one. It's a phenomenal piece. Perhaps the $350 price tag drove that one to the gift card list as an incentive.

Anyone see this?

ijf6.jpg

https://www.johns-toys-store.com/prodinfo.asp?number=IJF6

Kind of looks like crap to me, but I'm not familiar with Diamond Select's quality.

The luster wore off for me when they unveiled ^^^^ing Belloch as the next figure in the line. Personally, it put a bad taste in my mouth. I was hoping for more at SDCC.

Now they're pushing this figure back to November? WTF??? This piece has been in production for so long and it will have been going on a year before the time it went up for sale and when it is released.
SSC has really dropped the ball on this line. So much missed opportunity and so much good will wasted. That is why no one is caring about this line.:banghead

Now they're pushing this figure back to November? WTF??? This piece has been in production for so long and it will have been going on a year before the time it went up for sale and when it is released.
SSC has really dropped the ball on this line. So much missed opportunity and so much good will wasted. That is why no one is caring about this line.:banghead

If they rushed this people would be screaming how they didn't do it right. They seem to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. Maybe they shouldn't announce any new product until it's sitting in their warehouse ready to be shipped-- just months and months of complete silence, would that make people happier?

Personally I'd rather see the end product be great than rushed.

Back