Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they rushed this people would be screaming how they didn't do it right. They seem to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. Maybe they shouldn't announce any new product until it's sitting in their warehouse ready to be shipped-- just months and months of complete silence, would that make people happier?

Personally I'd rather see the end product be great than rushed.

I understand that point of view and I agree with it to a point but I also think that some kind of plan had to have been implemented for the production of this figure and this is now the second delay for this figure. I am not an expert but I think it is a production problem with the Pro body. Understand, I an anxiously awaiting this figure and you will find no bigger or more avid SSC fan than I am but it seems SS has missed the Indy bus, here. Not so much with nostalgia fans but definitely with the younger fans.

Now they're pushing this figure back to November? WTF??? This piece has been in production for so long and it will have been going on a year before the time it went up for sale and when it is released.
SSC has really dropped the ball on this line. So much missed opportunity and so much good will wasted. That is why no one is caring about this line.:banghead

I agree.SS is putting too much effort into Star Wars. This line could have been great.

I agree.SS is putting too much effort into Star Wars. This line could have been great.

I think that delays and the announcement of Belloq as the next fig contributed to fan apathy towards this line. The Indy universe is full og great characters that would make excellent figures but Belloq...i loved the character , I just don't know how cool he'll look on my shelves.

I think when Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Sr., and another Indy are announced the line and this section will be smokin' hot once more...

Patience my friends. Good things'll come to those who wait.:whip

I think when Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Sr., and another Indy are announced the line and this section will be smokin' hot once more...

Patience my friends. Good things'll come to those who wait.:whip

That's what I'm talking about! These are the figures we need to rejuvenate this line. Oh, and Indy in hand.

I think that delays and the announcement of Belloq as the next fig contributed to fan apathy towards this line. The Indy universe is full og great characters that would make excellent figures but Belloq...i loved the character , I just don't know how cool he'll look on my shelves.

Belloq's a figure where I think SSC wanted to do him, but didn't expect big sales, and it sounds like they have to play games to offer the idol pedistal, so this way, they get to do that and ensure some Belloq sales, 2 things accomplished. I really think Belloq's more to sell the idol pedistal than sell on his own merrit. The next standalone figure ought to be something impressive.

Belloq's a figure where I think SSC wanted to do him, but didn't expect big sales, and it sounds like they have to play games to offer the idol pedistal, so this way, they get to do that and ensure some Belloq sales, 2 things accomplished. I really think Belloq's more to sell the idol pedistal than sell on his own merrit. The next standalone figure ought to be something impressive.

I agree. It's more of an "Idol Environment with Belloq Figure included"

I think people hold it up to Raiders which is one of the greatest films ever made. It pales in comparison but is still an enjoyable movie on its own merits. I enjoyed it but that's because I don't expect every movie to be a masterpiece.:whip

Well, even if you liked it (which I did), I think you'd find it hard to argue that it was worth a nearly 20-year wait.

It was great seeing Indy on the big screen again. Much like when SW Episode I came out, I was excited to see it, but left wanting more. I knew going in that both franchises couldn't possibly live up to what I was expecting. In the end, they were enjoyable, but not in the same league as the originals.

Last edited:
Lucas seems to be most excited about the crystal skulls. They've been working on this sequel for nearly 14 years but haven't settled on a good script worth making until now. "We've been through lots of different versions [of Indy 4] the last 14 years, with five different writers.

They should have tried a 6th writer..indy 4 movie was ^^^^!
:arr:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

It was a fun film. Is it one that I could watch again and again? No. Therefore, it personally wasn't worth the wait, for me. A film like ROTLA, I could watch again and again. Will I still be buying KOTCS on BR? Absolutely.

It was great seeing Indy on the big screen again. Much like when SW Episode I came out, I was excited to see it, but left wanting more. I knew going in that both franchises couldn't possibly live up to what I was expecting. In the end, they were enjoyable, but not in the same league as the originals.

I'm sorry, but watching KotCS was nothing like seeing the prequels in the theater.

I wasn't throwing up....:monkey3

Back