Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow chose to create lack of interest and poor sales for the LOTR line by releasing figures at a snail's pace. I suppose that's what they want to do with this line as well.

Like people said before me... It will pick up once stuff starts showing up in hand and repaints start shuffling... etc.

And again when there are new announcements.

Sideshow is releasing Indy stuff so slow that there is nothing to talk about. We don't have anything yet from this line, but soon enough everyone will be back when the 12" and PF come out to talk about them.

It was a bad idea to give Indy a whole section in the first place...

One thread would have sufficed. The hype of the movie fueled this section in the beginning, is gone now. Only the diehard will remain after a while

:wave:whip

Take out the a while and you've got it.

just wait until the dvd sets and SSC figures are released, things will hot up again. Indy was and always will be a cool franchise, but everyone is caught up in the whole Batman madness at the moment (including me).
Just need that blooming SSC figure!

If I were the winner of that auction, I'd make sure the seller really sent out the book/record by UPS Next Day Air. That'd cost a lot more than the $1 winning bid. :lol

I really wish the whole thing could be sped up.

We knew for so long that SSC got the license, then it took a long time to see the sculpt then it took a long time to preorder then it took a long time to finish production then it takes a long time to ship.

INDY fever has come and gone. I'm on the verge of cancelling the PF Ex. I'm betting I can find the regular edition for $200 in another 6 months.

Whats another 6 months when its been like 18 since the license was announced?

I'm not really sure what we can be expected to talk about. There's not much of anything coming out right now, and until there is it's going to be quiet. Unlike some of the dreamers ;) I never expected Sideshow to come out with a Star Wars-like range of figures and collectibles for Indy, but I did kinda think there would be more than this. Three things announced and none shipped.

I never expected 12 figures in the first year or anything. But they should definately have announced 3 maybe even 4 figures during the KOTCS hype.

They really let an opportunity to make money slip through their fingers. I guess they were too busy conspiring to figure out how to milk more by making less SW figures than ramping up production on desirable product...

Since KOTKS is getting a Halloween release instead of X-mas that usually means the studio is in a rush to keep the interest burning, which has cooled faster than an Indy Whooper in the arctic. The movie just didn't revive the franchise like people expected, probably b/c it sucked more than it rocked.

Back