Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm... lame movie versus lame trilogy? KotCS and the PT are fun if you just turn off your brain, or never had it turned on in the first place ;) , and let the poor plot, banal acting and unnecessary silliness slide past. If seeing simply Indy or a lightsaber in a movie does it for ya then you'll have a good time.

I agree SS should've struck while the iron was hot with Indy. Sure people say wait, wait but how long it too long??

hmmm... lame movie versus lame trilogy? KotCS and the PT are fun if you just turn off your brain, or never had it turned on in the first place ;) , and let the poor plot, banal acting and unnecessary silliness slide past. If seeing simply Indy or a lightsaber in a movie does it for ya then you'll have a good time.

Love how these movies are just considered lame because you don't have to study the ^^^^ out of it. :rolleyes: Don't want to burst anyones bubble but you don't have to turn the brain on for the OT Indy or OT SW.

Don't want to burst anyones bubble but you don't have to turn the brain on for the OT Indy or OT SW.

That is correct. In fact....it is recommended. Geriatric Indy or Hayden Christensen. One is just too old to pull off the role. The other is just unable to act. That said...I'll buy the Indy toys.

Love how these movies are just considered lame because you don't have to study the ^^^^ out of it. :rolleyes: Don't want to burst anyones bubble but you don't have to turn the brain on for the OT Indy or OT SW.

No, they're lame mainly because the plots are a mess.

OT SW and Raiders have been and will continue to be taught and studied in film schools. Not these new craptastic ones and there is a reason for that - quality.

But some people would enjoy anything Indy or SW, a movie of Ford in Indy gear reading the phone book for an hour and a half, and that's ok too. There's no accounting for taste.

Last edited:
I knew going in that both franchises couldn't possibly live up to what I was expecting. In the end, they were enjoyable, but not in the same league as the originals.

So why exactly is it that you'd go and accept a movie like that with an "I enjoyed it for what it was" attitude?
This is a multi-million $ franchise for decades with a self-proclaimed visionary director, the fanbase kept the legacy alive by buying tons of merchandise etc.
Brands like these establish a commitment to their customer base over time and when it's fundamentally disregarded it becomes an insult to every single person in your clientele that supported you over the years.
Incoherent plots, weak directing or subpar acting is utterly intolerable for a franchise with so much money to back it up.

Back