Hancock trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame the fluoride and NWO. Before I started drinking fluoridated water, I was a mild mannered individual. Now I refer to myself in the 3rd person and constantly call myself awesome. Oh yeah, Bannister is awesome.

Bannister is not awesome. Nobody who eats puppies is awesome. :peace

Man, I'm SO glad that I ignored the reviews. I still hate Peter Berg as a director - his style was so wrong for this film that it's not funny.

But I really, really enjoyed the film. Smith, Theron and Bateman were all fantastic - very nuanced roles and interesting characters. You actually care about them, so the jeopardy and drama is amped up. Sure there are some "convenient" plot points, but it's really more about the characters so I can forgive.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I really enjoyed it - much darker and not as coherent as Iron Man, but I probably liked it as much as Hulk and a little more than Wanted.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just want to say I love the spoiler thingy.

I read the movie synopsis on Wikipedia (I won't go see the movie, I'd rather see Wall-E, Hulk, and Iron Man [again]). However I can see why the second half of the movie isn't well liked. I'm not sure that its not worth seeing though. If there weren't so many other movies I wanna see, I'd see it (even knowing the second half).

I just bought the Men in Black Blu-ray(on sale at Fry's for $13.99:banana) and it had this e-ticket thingy for Hancock. So I'll probably go watch it either tonight or tomorrow. I haven't heard anything about it since everything has been Dark Knight for me recently:eek:

I thought it was OK but just to show you how they dropped the ball with the marketing of this movie my wife, who's not in the know about these tyoes of things for the most part, was thinking that it was going to be much more along the lines of a comedy (Men in Black) and that's how the early trailers sold it to the general public. It was only the more recent trailers right at the time of its opening that hinted at maybe a "darker" tone.

Oh well... It was OK...

I thought it was OK but just to show you how they dropped the ball with the marketing of this movie my wife, who's not in the know about these tyoes of things for the most part, was thinking that it was going to be much more along the lines of a comedy (Men in Black) and that's how the early trailers sold it to the general public. It was only the more recent trailers right at the time of its opening that hinted at maybe a "darker" tone.

Oh well... It was OK...

Would you're wife have paid for a ticket if she knew it wasn't a straight up comedy?

Just got home from it. I did not have any interest in seeing the film but my wife really wanted to see it. I thought the film was entertaining but it was NOT what I was expecting... I too was expecting an action/comedy.

I really liked the movie up until...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Even with this flaw I still thought the film was a fun Saturday flick. I did have a hard time figuring out who the film was geared too. It was not a family movie IMO due to the F-Word and the many a** h*** scenes, but it also did not feel like a 100% adult movie either.

IMO this is how the summer movies are ranked...
1) Iron Man
2) Hulk
3) Narnia
4) Hancock
5) Wanted
6) Get Smart
7) Indiana Jones (worst movie by far)

and did not get a chance to see Panda, Speed Racer, or Sex in the City and I am seeing WALL-E in the morning.

Would you're wife have paid for a ticket if she knew it wasn't a straight up comedy?

You mean, would I have paid for the ticket if she knew what she was walking into? She thought it was OK-- just not what she was expecting and that in itself was a letdown.

They did a horrific job of "selling"/marketing this movie.

You mean, would I have paid for the ticket if she knew what she was walking into? She thought it was OK-- just not what she was expecting and that in itself was a letdown.

They did a horrific job of "selling"/marketing this movie.

Yeah, but you DID buy tickets, so the marketing did it's job. If you'd known it was dark she might not have wanted to go at all.

I really liked the movie up until...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, but you DID buy tickets, so the marketing did it's job. If you'd known it was dark she might not have wanted to go at all.

No... I didn't.:monkey3 A two-year old and an eight week old at home-- heading out to the theatres isn't a luxury at the moment.:naughty

I just got back from seeing it. It was ok, but yeah I figured out that "twist" from the trailers alone. I did like the scene during the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back