Monkey Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I thought it was this guy's movie...

1706313734565.jpeg

I mean there’s spin-offs of everything these days, so maybe one day :lol
Cool! Prequel! Let’s go. How did he get that eye patch? Where did he meet the monkey? Did they grow up on the mean streets of Cairo as kids? Was he riff-raff, a street rat? When did he learn to ride a motorcycle? When did the monkey become a Nazi? Does he miss his twin brother Satipo?

Is Dev heading into RRR territory...?
More like ZZZ territory. Villains and visuals right, lead actor wrong.

His persona is just wrong for the type of role/genre this is. It's like he saw himself in Hotel Mumbai then streamed all the John Wick films and thought he had action hero chops.

I would have said that about Keanu Reeves too back in 1993 before Speed made him an action star. Keanu? Action star? Nicholas Cage? Action star? It's amazing what can be done.

I would have said that about Keanu Reeves too back in 1993 before Speed made him an action star. Keanu? Action star? Nicholas Cage? Action star? It's amazing what can be done.
Reeves was clear from Point Break three years earlier, in his mid-20s. And Cage was deranged/dangerous from day one, and at times mined much of the same semi-comedic blue collar edge as Bruce Willis, so no big surprise there.

Dev to me is just a nice-guy, sweet and sometimes a bit bland, in everything he's done. Maybe he can turn Best Marigold on its head with this one.

Back