Hancock trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anybody seen this one? I have the chance to go to the movies on Friday and I need to decide between this and Wanted.
i saw it last night.... its OK. don't go in there expecting it to be Iron Man or Dark Knight quality. i do think they could have picked a better time of the year to release it. with all the summer comic book movies coming out a lot of people are gonna give it bad reviews just because they compare it to iron man, hulk, batman, hellboy.... since they are essentially being released within a 30 day period.
To me this just comes of as Will smith's ego. He sees all these superhero movies coming out in the past years and wants in on the action.
i agree.... seems like he did this movie just to get in on some of the comic book hero action. remember when Nicholas Cage was dying to get in the Superman costume?? then he jumped on the chance for Ghost Rider?? (liked the movie, but it wasn't that great) this movie was pretty funny at some times, but they really failed in explaining some of the stuff.

I heard Hancock was gutted by the studios, who weren't happy with the direction the film was taking - a dark examination of a lout anti-superhero - and of course they intervened. From what I've read and heard, it could have been a great movie and it has signs of it (the film was originally titled "Tonight, He Comes), but like Smith's previous flick "I Am Legend", it was patched up by bigwigs and studio execs.

I'm seeing the movie for myself later this week. I'm sure it'll pull in big bucks. But then again, it has to contend with Wall-E and Wanted, so who knows.

If rumors are true, Will Smith looks to be the newest Scientologist on the block. This means I won't see any more of his movies.

I heard Hancock was gutted by the studios, who weren't happy with the direction the film was taking - a dark examination of a lout anti-superhero - and of course they intervened. From what I've read and heard, it could have been a great movie and it has signs of it (the film was originally titled "Tonight, He Comes), but like Smith's previous flick "I Am Legend", it was patched up by bigwigs and studio execs.

I'm seeing the movie for myself later this week. I'm sure it'll pull in big bucks. But then again, it has to contend with Wall-E and Wanted, so who knows.

Which is REALLY REALLY SAD. That's one of the reasons why I'm watching more and more independent films these days. These idiotic studio execs seem to feel that dumbing all movies down increases their profit, which is not true.

If rumors are true, Will Smith looks to be the newest Scientologist on the block. This means I won't see any more of his movies.

Yea, I can't stand people like that. I will NEVER see another Tom Cruise movie again and if this is true with Smith, I won't see another one of his films either.

LA Times article:

Earlier this year, Smith and Pinkett Smith garnered critical props for one of their latest philanthropic efforts: the New Village Academy. The couple poured nearly $1 million of their money into building a new private school in Calabasas that would provide financial assistance for about 80% of its enrollees and laptop computers and organic meals for every student, with the aim of grooming a "citizen of the world."

What came out in the wash last month, however, is that some of its teachers are members of the Church of Scientology and the school will use pedagogical methods called "study technology" developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
To wit: When production on "Hancock" finished around Christmas time last year, Smith reportedly passed out "wrap presents" to the film's crew members: vouchers good for a personality test at a local Scientology center.

Link to full article:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/la-etw-smith3-2008jul03,0,3451808.story

Basically, it sounds like it isn't official, but he is heading down that path...

Hairless or anyone else....did they keep the Superman theme music in the movie?

SPOILERS

You can see my post on page 2. I saw this movie months ago but it was not the final version.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just curious how much was changed...I will wait for Blu Ray to watch it again but I did love the first half...before the love triangle happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol < LOL. I wonder if they ripped that idea off from that one scene in Mallrats.

Awwww man, that sucks. Why's he have to be crazy? He used to be so down-to-earth and cool. Freakin' Hollywood.

I blame the fluoride and NWO. Before I started drinking fluoridated water, I was a mild mannered individual. Now I refer to myself in the 3rd person and constantly call myself awesome. Oh yeah, Bannister is awesome.

Saw the film today...

It was OK, bit of a crappy ending...

Liked the reference to Superman...

Hairless or anyone else....did they keep the Superman theme music in the movie?

SPOILERS

d.

no superman music, though i thought they were gonna use the john williams theme when hancock was flying in to the bank robbery scene. seems like they used a few bars of the intro then went to something new.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to see this movie tomorrow, but considering the initial responses on this board I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was before.

no superman music, though i thought they were gonna use the john williams theme when hancock was flying in to the bank robbery scene. seems like they used a few bars of the intro then went to something new.

no rape scene and no roof blowing scene.

the charleze theron stuff is still there.

Thanks Captain, oh well.

The Superman music was great in the verison I saw. Everyone loved it.

I am not surprised they cut the rape scene and roof scene. LOL

Guess I will check it out when I can.

Thanks Captain, oh well.

The Superman music was great in the verison I saw. Everyone loved it.

I am not surprised they cut the rape scene and roof scene. LOL

Guess I will check it out when I can.

Can you post in spoilers more details of those scenes.

Back