Hancock trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annnnyway, I can't wait for the movie. A superhero flick starring a hero with flaws? Kick ass.

Perhaps you have heard of the formula Stan Lee used at Marvel Comics for the past 40 plus years?

This is the kind of thing that passes for creativity in Hollywood. And some here lap it up like its the ambrosia of the gods.

Perhaps you have heard of the formula Stan Lee used at Marvel Comics for the past 40 plus years?

This is the kind of thing that passes for creativity in Hollywood. And some here lap it up like its the ambrosia of the gods.

Damn! I hope i don't end up like you when i get old.

I doubt I will see it, but it looks like it could be an entertaining movie.

from IronFingaz

Damn! I hope i don't end up like you when i get old.

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it. Some people are just too naive or plain stupid to gain any sort of knowledge, experience or the perspective that comes with age. They gape at the world with wide eyes and just cannot understand when they cannot win in their 367th attempt at three card montie.

A friend of mine here in Phoenix got a chance to view a test screening of Hancock - she's not really into superhero movies (like, when you ask her how "Iron Man" was, she'll say "It was just OK. Not really my cup of tea.").

She said it was a very interesting take on the superhero genre. She indicated that there were some neat twists and turns - especially involving Charlize's character.

My friend is the type of person who sees a movie once and that's it (she says "What's the use of seeing a movie again that I've already seen."). She said she actually wants to go back and see Hancock again.

I have a couple doubts and will probably watch it on DVD.

Kind of a shame that this movie has to come out during the summer of Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight.

I think it's gonna get its ass stomped.

from IronFingaz

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it. Some people are just too naive or plain stupid to gain any sort of knowledge, experience or the perspective that comes with age. They gape at the world with wide eyes and just cannot understand when they cannot win in their 367th attempt at three card montie.

:confused::confused::confused:

So, what, you saying i'm stupid?

Damn, jaded much?? After the continued rehashing of really amazing comic books into terrible comic book movies, I do appreciate a litttle bit of a parting with the traditonal.

So this lacks of creativity completely?? Really? I would love to see what you think has been passing for new, creative material in Hollywood lately?

A friend of mine here in Phoenix got a chance to view a test screening of Hancock - she's not really into superhero movies (like, when you ask her how "Iron Man" was, she'll say "It was just OK. Not really my cup of tea.").

She said it was a very interesting take on the superhero genre. She indicated that there were some neat twists and turns - especially involving Charlize's character.

My friend is the type of person who sees a movie once and that's it (she says "What's the use of seeing a movie again that I've already seen."). She said she actually wants to go back and see Hancock again.

I have a couple doubts and will probably watch it on DVD.

Kind of a shame that this movie has to come out during the summer of Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight.

I think it's gonna get its ass stomped.

Yeah, thats a problem. Super Hero Movie overload, and the casual movie goer gets burnt out.

Personally I think there are very few if any original ideas in the world. The creativity comes in taking old well known ideas, stories, and themes and updating them, changing them, blending them, and shaking them up to get something that appears original. The most modern movies are retellings of the most ancient myths.

Exactly, so I don't get his complaint when he hasn't even seen the movie. I've seen plenty of horribel trailers that turned out to be amazing movies and tons of amazing trailers that turned out to be garbage movies.

from Sickboy

So this lacks of creativity completely?? Really? I would love to see what you think has been passing for new, creative material in Hollywood lately?

When somebody posts that they are looking forward to HANCOCK because they get to see a superhero with real problems and fawns over that..... and when that same person somehow ignores that Stan Lee has been writing an publishing comics for the last 40+ years using exactly that same gimmick ... and when they even fail to see that many other previous films have used that exact same gimmick ... I would say that being able to recognize creativity abounds in many people.

from Sickboy

When somebody posts that they are looking forward to HANCOCK because they get to see a superhero with real problems and fawns over that..... and when that same person somehow ignores that Stan Lee has been writing an publishing comics for the last 40+ years using exactly that same gimmick ... and when they even fail to see that many other previous films have used that exact same gimmick ... I would say that being able to recognize creativity abounds in many people.

Um yeah, first off, I wasn't the one that posted I wanted to see this movie because they are showing a superhero with a problem. Jesus, read the posts.

And I didn't say the idea of a superhero with problems is a completely new idea and has never been done before, so everone must see this because it will be groundbreaking. Yes, it has been done in comics, but I also wasn't a huge comic book fan anyways. I read what I liked, so I cannot say that this exact synopsis has never been done before.

But Hancock looks really dark and I don't believe I have seen this styling done and it done this darkly. I surely haven't seen a dark, alcoholic Marvel hero character before. So just because they have done comic books about superheros with problems, they should never create a movie about a superhero with problems, even if that is only part of the whole story.

If you are going along that line, then they shouldn't even may comic books into movies, because we have already read them, so what's the use???

But whatever, I want to see this movie because it looks good, it looks interesting and I believe that it will be FUN to see. No alterior motive involved what-so-ever in seeing this movie other than that!

And this is my 2000th post, WOOT!!!

The reviews for the advance screening of this over at AICN were pretty bad, but will wait and see what everybody thinks when it comes out.

I heard the script for this movie was originally a new Superman Movie, but got canned. So the just changed it alittle and put Will Smith in it. I hear the reviews are bad, but I'm sure it will make big money. I'll wait for DVD.

But Hancock looks really dark and I don't believe I have seen this styling done and it done this darkly. I surely haven't seen a dark, alcoholic Marvel hero character before.

Well - they did do Iron Man.

I'm looking forward to the film a lot. I like Will Smith and the whale scene is hilarious. I wish I hadn't seen that picture taken during production that's a huge spoiler - although they hint at the spoiler in the new trailers.

To me this just comes off as Will smith's ego. He sees all these superhero movies coming out in the past years and wants in on the action. But there's really not too many black superheros that are super popular to be made into movies at the moment. So they come up with this idea, An Anti-hero movie, that will be different but will still make willy a superhero.(or he just wants to do it for his kids, but the alcohol thing?) This is just the vibe i'm getting, i could be nuts. :)

Anyways it looks very dumb, my woman and i hated the trailer when we saw it in the theater some months back. I'm betting it bombs overall, sorry Will no big 4th of july smash hit this time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really iffy on it. Wanted was good, a decent movie. Jumps around a bit, but was still very entertaining to me.

But Hancock just seems like an attempt to make a superhero movie that isn't tied to any real comic book hero or established storyline. And from the trailers I already have an idea of what the big twist will be, so it just seems like a waste of time to me...

I love Will though, I'm sure he will do fine in this film. I just think the story doesn't do anything revolutionary or have enough depth to really get me hooked. I could be wrong though, I'm interested to see what people here think.

Back