Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (Apple+ MonsterVerse TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend and I are enjoying the heck out of this show. It’s really refreshing, and I love the Legendary world having more backstory added to it. The writing is good, the acting is great and every damn episode ends on a cliffhanger, leaving me wanting more.

I’m also pleasantly surprised with the production value. The Kaiju look great!

I would say that Wyatt is the MVP of this show so far. He has his dad’s mannerisms down pat.

Yeah totally. I’m still enjoying it too. It was pretty cool the last episode to see Frisco in the G-Day aftermath. It looks completely post apocalyptic.

Me and my wife were about halfway through ep4 and gave up. The writing is pretty weak, the female characters (especially May) were written to be as obnoxious as possible for the most part. The production value is great, most of the casting is good but the drama is poorly done and just grinds the shows pace to a halt. every time characters got flashbacks we groaned. So much filler. better things to spend time on so we won't finish the series.

I'm still watching and enjoying it.. It's not G-1, but it's still good, and better then most of what's on TV. Actors are good, drama is enjoyable, and I find it well paced.

G fans here still watching this?

Yep!

Yeah totally. I’m still enjoying it too. It was pretty cool the last episode to see Frisco in the G-Day aftermath. It looks completely post apocalyptic.

Agreed. The pace has definitely slowed a bit the last two episodes but I suppose that was inevitable. And hopefully we haven't seen the last of the flashbacks. I already miss young Lee Shaw (Wyatt Russell) and Keiko - you just know they're going to hook up behind Randa's back. I'm sensing that Cate & Kentaro's grandfather may not be who they think. :horror

Yep!

Agreed. The pace has definitely slowed a bit the last two episodes but I suppose that was inevitable. And hopefully we haven't seen the last of the flashbacks. I already miss young Lee Shaw (Wyatt Russell) and Keiko - you just know they're going to hook up behind Randa's back. I'm sensing that Cate & Kentaro's grandfather may not be who they think. :horror
predicted that twist in episode 1. The show has a lot of tropes so that is likely to be the case. the 50's scenes are the only tolerable scenes, all the modern day stuff, especially the couple years prior flashbacks were a slog to sit through.

Yep!

Yes! I think the flashbacks were one of my favorite parts of the show. We need more. I also feel like the pace is going to pick back up at the ending of this last episode.

I think one of the struggles with the show is that the story feels more like a long movie than a tv series, so we're only half way through the movie and won't be able to really feel how well certain parts work until the entire story is complete.
It’s a mystery series about a couple of mysteries. I think that’s how a lot of shows nowadays are set up.

IDK. I like it. Pretty good acting, production values , and a subject matter I love.

I have always loved giant monster reveals
Spoiler Spoiler:

Good tension build up in this episode.

Last edited:
Back