Han Solo in Carbonite Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to testing this, and there is indeed something wrong with my carbonite block when the batteries are removed. Current is definitely flowing into the block from the stand, but I think it must be a loose wire or faulty switch inside.
I emailed SSC to see if I can get a replacement that fully works, just in case I ever need to sell this.

Anyone else test this out?

Can someone confirm?

Does the Carbonite light up without the batteries, just using the wall plug?

Mine doesnt light up with the wall plug, just the base lights up and Sideshow told me:

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer you a replacement where the Carbonite slab powers solely from the power adapter.

Please confirm if you would like to proceed with a full refund."

Sideshows website says powered with plug or batteries! Not both.

My carbo block does NOT light up without the batteries.

I thought it should work, but honestly just dismissed it since everything else works ok. I would be curious to see if someone else has one that works WITHOUT batteries.

I just tested the lights on my PF with batteries removed... wall power only. All 3 light up features work for me.

Finally got around to testing this, and there is indeed something wrong with my carbonite block when the batteries are removed. Current is definitely flowing into the block from the stand, but I think it must be a loose wire or faulty switch inside.
I emailed SSC to see if I can get a replacement that fully works, just in case I ever need to sell this.

From what I have been reading. Depending on your solo. The one we have will work with the main power or battery (base also).

Have you tried the fix that someone came up with? When the Carbonite block is on the base the switch at the back does not touch the base so you have to put a packing piece in-between so that it presses the switch when you have it on the base. Here is the link.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=118116

Last edited:
So good together!!!!

7af8f0d6.jpg

Have you tried the fix that someone came up with? When the Carbonite block is on the base the switch at the back does not touch the base so you have to put a packing piece in-between so that it presses the switch when you have it on the base. Here is the link.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=118116

Yeah, SSC sent me a similar response when I asked for a replacement, but they suggested I use foam.

I do commend them for stepping up with a quick fix, but IMO, a $300 statue doesn't deserve a $2 fix.
That's not meant as any offense to you or anyone else doing this.
I just want a piece of art that works 100%, just in case I need to sell this at some point down the road.

Looks like I'll just return it at this point and wait for fixed ones to come back in stock. :(

Yeah, SSC sent me a similar response when I asked for a replacement, but they suggested I use foam.

I do commend them for stepping up with a quick fix, but IMO, a $300 statue doesn't deserve a $2 fix.
I just want a piece of art that works 100%, just in case I need to sell this at some point down the road.

Looks like I'll just return it at this point and wait for fixed ones to come back in stock. :(

That is the main issue. If you do go to sell it you will lose over 50%. Sorry for that sell it to me at $150.00 and all would be good. The watch on my arm was not keeping the date yet the time was and still is, 8 years later still right. Other then time change. In short hey gave me $3000 off and will fix anything to do with the time for 15 years. Make them send a replacement! My GF got 3 I would not let her take the $25 off(I gave her $25 to stand he ground).

We buy high end stuff. If that was the case walmart works.

I understand what you are saying, I wasn't thinking about resale as I never have that in mind when I buy things but when I buy one of these pieces I do expect it to work correctly without having to modify it as they are not cheap to buy. Hope you get it sorted out.

I understand what you are saying, I wasn't thinking about resale as I never have that in mind when I buy things but when I buy one of these pieces I do expect it to work correctly without having to modify it as they are not cheap to buy. Hope you get it sorted out.

Thank you, chris.
I used to think I would never sell anything, but sometimes life gets in the way. :(

Too bad there's no 1/4 scale Jabba to pose this next to :(

I should start taking some pictures on put them on one of my sites. I am used to attaching pictures to the boards not a URL.

The 1/6 Jabba is really big, I mean really big. Side by side lg then the PF solo. No need for a 1/4 Jabba just get a 1/6.

Same for me. Despite its minor flaws they just look so cool together. Unfortunately my Sideshow dealer couldn't make it this weekend and I have to wait yet another week before I get mine. :gah:

I wasn't going to get Han when I first saw this pre-order, but after going back through this thread and looking at all the pictures, this one sealed the deal. I have to pair him up with Fett. There is simply no way around it.

Yes, you have to, they look great together !!

DSC02459-kopie.jpg

Your Fett looks AWESOME Vince! Love the articulated arms...and is that the nattyd custom helmet on yours too? That's the one I have on mine as well. My Carbsicle is on Flex-Pay, so I won't get it for another month or so.

6841643226_9b3eff3c81_z.jpg

6841642054_4ab1bd22c3_z.jpg

Back