GREEN LANTERN: The Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Aliens who crash landed on the Planet Ryut (pronouned Riot). In the comics that is the homeworld of Atrocitus and was destroyed by the Manhunters (the precursors of the Green Lantern Corps), the fact that Parallax was there was just so fanboys could freak out at Ryut and the fact that Red Lanterns may one day materialize on film.

That is canon. Abin Sur on a ship that is. In the Silver Age, the Modern Age and even in Secret Origins (modern age) origins, Abin always crashes. The reasonings are always different. Originally he is injured so he needs a ship to escape because his ring is keeping him alive as he is looking for a successor. In Emerald Dawn he was using it because his fear had grown so strong it was shorting out his ring especially in dealing with Legion (who the film was originally going to use). In Secret Origins, he was in fear of what he found out about the Blackest Night prophecy that in transporting Atrocitus he needed the ship to keep everything together. He allowed fear to overcome him from what he knew and that no one believed him that it left him open to be killed on Earth's atmosphere.

The ring is only as powerful as their will. If a GL thinks, "There is no way I can carry a thousand people from point A to B" then they won't be able to.

As Irish added though, in the film he was to evacuate an entire planet which is why he was on the ship originally when he was attacked by Parallax looking for revenge for Abin Sur imprisoning him to begin with. A lot of folks forget that in the opening monologue it is mentioned that one GL Abin Sur, took care of Parallax by himself originally.

Most people I know who allowed themselves to enjoy it did. A lot of non-comic fans I know did. A lot of people get hung up on the details though which stops their fun and the first film definitely didn't have a lack of details that didn't work. It also had a lot that did.

the The Mike, :lol

Nothing is different. The thing that changed my thinking on it is simple, it's Tron: Legacy. Disney came out said, despite box office failure, it kicked ass in merchandising and home sales. They came out and said that they put a lot behind it to create a franchise. They had faith in the franchise and were moving with a Tron 3.

Green Lantern is in the exact same boat as Tron: Legacy was. It is loved by a core group of fans, panned by critics, divided amongst the general public, harpooned by the box office totals and still sequeled.

Now, it should be noted that Tron: Legacy although "sequeled" has had no movement on that front at all. Green Lantern could face that same fact. Warners just came out and said they'll be a sequel but nothing can be trusted until we see principal filming beginning.

You :rock Mike....err...The Mike :lol

You hit the nail on the head, for everthing that GL got wrong, there was something else that it got right.

Actually, as much as I love Thor, I enjoyed the humor in GL better than in Thor, it felt more genuine.

Story wise though, Thor beats out GL for me.

Action wise, about equal.

Villain wise, Thor again, Loki rocked hard...although Hammond freaked my wife out, even before he got ugly :lol

Man, I gotta geek out:

HT Thor coming this week
LOTR EE coming this week
Transformers 3D this week
Captain America movie in July
Star Wars Blu-ray September
HT Spiderman coming 3rd Q
HT Cap coming 4th Q
HT Superman coming 4th Q
Thor, XMFC, GL, Cap, Transformers on Blu-ray this Fall.

:drool :drool :drool

Last edited:
That's for sure! :lol

I just wish that some people would talk and discuss things like adults instead of 13 year olds with entitlement issues. :lol

Or lazyboy directors and self appointed film critics :exactly:

Thats why I do truly enjoy reading good or bad why people liked or didn't like something. I'm curious as to why and it gives me something to think about. Thats why with the movies I've seen I've given my review of them or review products. I hope if anyone is curious they can take what I thought and get an idea why I feel the way I do.

Thats why I do truly enjoy reading good or bad why people liked or didn't like something. I'm curious as to why and it gives me something to think about. Thats why with the movies I've seen I've given my review of them or review products. I hope if anyone is curious they can take what I thought and get an idea why I feel the way I do.

Josh

could you please start reviewing Washers and Dryers :lol

I've gotten where I pretty much stop going into movie threads a few weeks before it comes out when reviews and early viewings have started. It's really too bad because I enjoy discussing the movies, even the "bad" parts. It's just people's inability to not be immature and rude that takes all the fun out of it.

It gets old after awhile seeing the same childish trolls bash one movie after another.

And they do it simply because they have the safety of anonymity hiding behind their keyboard.

As long as a person gives a reasonable explanation, I like to read why they liked or disliked a movie, TV show, collectible or book.

Like you said, it gives me something to think about.However, I'll still judge for myself.

But when someone trashes something before they have even seen the finished product...that's just trolling in my book.

Josh

could you please start reviewing Washers and Dryers :lol

If there is a paycheck I will. :lol

As long as a person gives a reasonable explanation, I like to read why they liked or disliked a movie, TV show, collectible or book.

Like you said, it gives me something to think about.However, I'll still judge for myself.

I'm the same. The final decision like you said will always be mine and thats how it should be.

If there is a paycheck I will. :lol

I'm the same. The final decision like you said will always be mine and thats how it should be.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Snoop, pay the man will ya. :lol

All I know is if I had listened to the RT 27% bullcrap, wife and I would've missed out on a fun and thrilling movie.

All I know is if I had listened to the RT 27% bullcrap, wife and I would've missed out on a fun and thrilling movie.

Snoop is paying? Sweet!! :hi5: :lol

I use the flixster app which puts my reviews on RT but I do that compare to friends. The "official" critics I totally ignore.

I use the flixster app which puts my reviews on RT but I do that compare to friends. The "official" critics I totally ignore.

Sorry, I was referring to the "professional" critics.

As it is i'm a pretty easy person to please, that's why i'm still considering purchasing the SW Prequel trilogy on blu-ray :lol

Look, i'm no dummy......I know very well where movies fit on a quality scale.

When I want epic, I'll watch the LOTR EE DVDs (soon to be blu-rays :yess:)

When I want fun, I'll whip out the GL blu-ray.

When i'm in the mood for Jar Jar Binks stepping on Bantha Poodoo, i'll whip out The Phantom Menace. :lol

The important lesson here kids is this......enjoy what you like.

I'm proud to have the 2 Punisher movies, GR movie, FF1 and FF2 movies, Blade 3 movie and Daredevil movie in my collection. :wave

That being said, I did trade in the Wolverine movie :lol

My wife said, "When did you start caring about quality", then we sat down and watched The Real Housewives of NJ. :lol

Sorry, I was referring to the "professional" critics.

As it is i'm a pretty easy person to please, that's why i'm still considering purchasing the SW Prequel trilogy on blu-ray :lol

Look, i'm no dummy......I know very well where movies fit on a quality scale.

When I want epic, I'll watch the LOTR EE DVDs (soon to be blu-rays :yess:)

When I want fun, I'll whip out the GL blu-ray.

When i'm in the mood for Jar Jar Binks stepping on Bantha Poodoo, i'll whip out The Phantom Menace. :lol

The important lesson here kids is this......enjoy what you like.

I'm proud to have the 2 Punisher movies, GR movie, FF1 and FF2 movies, Blade 3 movie and Daredevil movie in my collection. :wave

That being said, I did trade in the Wolverine movie :lol

My wife said, "When did you start caring about quality", then we sat down and watched The Real Housewives of NJ. :lol

Ah man :( I thought snoop was gonna start paying me for reviewing something. :lol

I'm with ya. There are many movies I enjoy for many reasons and the ones I don't I don't own. :duff

I think the sequel can and will be Epic.

The characters are already in place. You can open up the movie with a steller space battle sequence. Tighten up the story. Make it darker, more compelling. Im visualizing an Epic Battle on OA between Hal and Sinestro in the end. Like Matrix Revolutions but with Fantastic glowing constructs throwing eachother through columns and $hi*

Reynolds gave a good performance in Green Lantern, but compared to his usual stuff it was very subtle, critics and some are a little to hard on him but he can really amp up his perfomance in the sequel, I want Hal to be Badass like in Blackest Night or current comics. and Ryan can do that i know it, he just has to go hard.

I want Hot Toys Figures also :)

I hope we get a Wonder Woman movie. Damn you WB. Looking forward to the GL sequel.

How did I get wrangled into this? :mad: :lol

Do you accept food stamps?

USDA1978foodstamps.png
:lol

Back