GREEN LANTERN: The Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hope is that the second movie will be what the first movie should have been. They're already off to a bad start because of how they handled Sinestro's change in the first film.

:rock :rock :rock

And to all you haters...:nana: :nana: :nana:

Guess I'm a hater because I hate bad movies, which is exactly what Green Lantern is.

Yeah, I have to totally disagree. GL may not be best picture material but I wouldn't call it a bad movie either. For me it was a good movie and I enjoyed quite a bit.

Yeah, I have to totally disagree. GL may not be best picture material but I wouldn't call it a bad movie either. For me it was a good movie and I enjoyed quite a bit.

Absolutely. I liked GL, for me it was a good movie. :D

If you don't like a movie, fine. Just don't act as if your opinion is 100% fact and that the rest of the world agrees with you.

I find it funny when people throw their opinion around as if it were fact. Which happens a lot here on the Freaks board. :lol

Bad Ass Digest:

Why Warner Bros Is Saying They’re Making A GREEN LANTERN Sequel
By Devin Faraci | June 26, 2011 | News | 12 Comments

I think Green Lantern will end up being a bona fide bomb. It has a 200 million dollar production budget and a 100 million dollar advertising budget. It’s at an anemic 89 million domestic, with a second week plummet of 65%, high even by the usual high standards of blockbuster second week drops. It’s sputtering around overseas. It may crawl towards 180 global, but that’s still well below the budget. And on top of that all, it seems like people don’t particularly like the movie.

And yet Warner Bros is going ahead with a sequel, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Why?

There are a couple of reasons, some of which are real and some of which are posturing. The studio doesn’t want to admit defeat on the movie, because that will hurt the film in future weeks and on home video. By claiming they have a sequel coming down the pike it looks like confidence on the studio’s front, and this could interest ticket buyers. “There’s going to be a second one? Maybe I should see it!”

Also, Warner Bros doesn’t want their DC superheroes brand to look weak compared to Marvel. Yes, it’s good old Marvel vs DC again. DC has a whole bunch of possible franchises lurking, and they don’t want the superheroes to carry the stink of death. Part of what made Thor work was that people liked Iron Man and they see the Marvel movies as one franchise.

The real world reason can be summed up as such: Harry Potter. The studio’s cash cow ends in a couple of weeks, and they need something to replace it. Christopher Nolan is being a bit _____y to them and making sure that his Batman franchise won’t be that moneymaker, since he’s looking to end it with The Dark Knight Rises. There’s hope for The Man of Steel, but the Superman franchise has been tricky at best and as of right now nobody is completely confident in the script they have.

Warner Bros has known for months that Green Lantern wasn’t going to work; in the final months the biggest executives at the studio got their fingers into the editing of the film, trying to make something workable from it. What they’re probably doing now is writing the first film off as an investment in the series – they know what people responded to, and this time they can pick a director who will be more comfortable with all the special effects. Oh, and they’ll make the whole damn thing cheaper, too. Expect to see much less Oa and much more Sinestro on Earth.

That is if they even make it. Disney claimed they’re making another Tron movie, but there’s been zero movement on that in reality. I expect that Warner Bros will wait until home video comes in for Green Lantern before they actually pull the trigger. It’s the Batman Begins scenario, where they’re hoping the movie finds an audience at home. But unlike Begins, the studio is making a public show of support up front, before the film bounces out of the top five next weekend.

sounds like a lame excuse for me if they knew it wouldnt work then why they release the movie then?

Absolutely. I liked GL, for me it was a good movie. :D

If you don't like a movie, fine. Just don't act as if your opinion is 100% fact and that the rest of the world agrees with you.

I find it funny when people throw their opinion around as if it were fact. Which happens a lot here on the Freaks board. :lol

Right everyone is gonna see movies differently for the most part and the same with collectibles.

If a sequel is made, I hope they ignore the credit scene and build up a story for Sinestro's turn.

Right again and I that's cool with me. :D

What I don't think is cool is when people act as if their opinion is cold hard fact. :lol

Agreed! Cool with me as well.

I know I've been guilty of it as well. Especially when you feel so strongly about something one way or the other. However, it is annoying when you like something and someone acts as if how they feel the other way is "exactly" how it is.

Who says Disney have dropped Tron. The Hollywood Reporter just gave out the news two weeks ago that Dan DiGilio was to helm a sequel
Also Tron Uprising should be a hit on Disney XD. And when it comes down to it Tron Legacy made $400,062,763 worldwide, something Green Lantern can only dream of

Sinestro put the ring on, but that in and of itself wouldn't make him evil. I agree that they can still build a story around him. Two things that come immediately to mind (as someone who knows nothing about the character).

First is the one I wouldn't like as much is if he keeps using the green ring then uses the yellow to face a big evil, kinda like the original plan against parallax. The other one, which I think I like more is that he uses the yellow ring and it slowly corrupts him.

Great news - i enjoyed the film but im not gonna pretend that it wasnt majorly flawed. But im confident that they can learn from their mistakes 2nd time around :D

Back