Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that CGI is fan-made bad. Really starting to think a CGI suit and mask wasn't the way to go.

The mask no, it looks to "fits" strange on the face. The suit I don't really have a problem with. They are still working on the CGI but I would expect for things to just look more "natural" with more muted colors and a bit more texture like Kilowog's suit but remember the suit is supposed to "Glow" everytime he uses the ring so I wouldn't count out the bright "video game" effect.

Look good so far. i hope hot toys already work on the fig.

I don't. Martin Campbell already said that the suit is a work in progress and probably would be deep into post. It already looks different than the Entertainment Weekly cover and I don't want an inaccurate figure based on original conceptuals. I want this figure done right the first time not waiting for a v2 with more accurate head or a Dx to finally get it right.

yes, the CGI is obviously still a work in progress. but u know what i say, the marketing dept should've waited just a bit longer til the effects were a bit less... awful. i'm sorry, but the suit looks absolutely horrendous, and the mask is even worse. i mean, it actually makes reynolds look pretty stupid.

i'm praying the final effects will be good. but based on this trailer, my confidence in the film just plummeted. sigh... guess i will still give it the benefit of the doubt, as i do with all projects. c'mon, campbell. don't screw this up.

I am sure this will look great on release. Its got another few months of work to go. I have faith in MC.

Ohhh man looks like some cheap ass cgi from a tv serie.

I'm not so concerned about the CGI. I'm just a little disappointed in the "goofiness" of the tone, which is very surprising to me coming from Martin Campbell.

The Green Lantern hasn't even been really serious in tone. Despite writers attempting to make him more edgy, Hal has always been a smartass who makes those goofy constructs because he thinks its funnier to beat up someone with a mallet than just extensions of his fist like other GLs.

From what I've seen its very true to the original Hal but I'm sure you'll get the more serious Hal from Johns' writing in there as well. It's obvious they are trying to make it fun looking like the original Iron Man trailers which should be faulted on the promotion team and less on the film itself.

Thanks, Mike. I'm not that familiar with Green Lantern and didn't realize his character was like that. Still, I hope they don't go too far with the silliness. I hope you're right that it was just the trailer playing up that angle. I think Iron Man did it well with the right amount of humor and not going overboard.

I think what will ground Hal is the other GLs. Sinestro is a no-nonsense character more of a dictator oriented person, Killowog, Saalak, all very serious. From what I've seen they've made a point to keep out the lighter, funnier GLs and use the more militaristic and serious ones probably to make Hal standout but also probably to balance between humor and seriousness.

They are at least going for the Tony Stark formula where he is the comedian surrounded by straightmen feeding him lines.

Back