Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article by Dark Lantern
'GREEN LANTERN' Gets His Girl?

According to Think McFly Think, Green Lantern director Martin Campbell may have found his Carol Ferris. The lovely Australian actress Rose Byrne, co-star of the marginally successful film Knowing, has read for the part and is reportedly Campbell’s first choice. Byrne can also be seen opposite Glenn Close on FX’s “Damages.” Does she have the chops to play Hal Jordan’s love interest?

Carol Ferris is one of the lesser-known DC Universe babes. After Carol’s father passes away, she inherits Ferris Aircraft, where Jordan works as a test pilot. At times she is written as Lois Lane, headstrong and career-minded, while others she is cold and distant. Byrne’s portrayal could solidify the character for audiences as Gwyneth Paltrow fleshed out Pepper Potts in Iron Man.

Also, Guillermo del Toro’s my pet monster Doug Jones is likely to sign on for an unspecified role. Tomar-Re, perhaps? Stay tuned, B! Kids!

I love Rose Byrne....wouldn't mind if she showed up as Star Sapphire in a sequel.

starsapphires.jpg

I love Rose Byrne - although I don't immediately see her as Carol Ferris - but her opposite Chris Pine would be a good pairing.

I'm gonna wait until after I see TREK before I decide whether I like Pine as GL.

Byrne is great, though.

Im really looking forward to this film. And think if it could be done with the same style as Iron Man it has a chance of success.

Im really looking forward to this film. And think if it could be done with the same style as Iron Man it has a chance of success.

I hope the formula works.
I am having a friend commission me some GL statues and am banking on this movie to bring the attention it deserves!
What was the release date going to be?

Last edited:
Hmm, we've only seen him play the sensitive boyfriend type - not exactly the first guy I'd have thought of for Hal. And he's older than I'd thought they be going too. But I like him as an actor - it could work.

What? Apparently Dave missed the smash "Wedding Crashers" where he played Sack one the biggest ^^^^^^^s on screen. :lol

bradley-cooper_l.jpg

Not to mention his turn as Demo in "Failure to Launch" (yeah, I watched it) where he had to be more Zen like but charming to get his way through life.

I still want Pine to be Hal but I think Cooper would rock the ^^^^ out of the role. Mix the cocky arrogant swagger from his Wedding Crashers character with the Zen like understanding of his Failure to Launch character and you've pretty much got Hal Jordan.

Bradley-Cooper-3.jpg

What? Apparently Dave missed the smash "Wedding Crashers" where he played Sack on the biggest ^^^^^^^s on screen. :lol

bradley-cooper_l.jpg

Not to mention his turn as Demo in "Failure to Launch" (yeah, I watched it) where he had to be more Zen like but charming to get his way through life.

I still want Pine to be Hal but I think Cooper would rock the ^^^^ out of the role.

Bradley-Cooper-3.jpg

Okay, okay - but no big action stuff or something where he played a man's man. But I'm sure he can handle the part.

Well he was in Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train...plenty of action in there and the show "Touching Evil" where he was OSC Agent Mark Rivers. I would say there is a bit of Man's man in there....and one could argue that with all the sports, lame male dialogue and ^^^^^^^ tendancies in Wedding Crashers that it was spoof on the Man's Man he played very well. ;)

Pine is way too Abercombie & Fitch to be Hal Jordan, imho. Cooper kinda is too, but certainly not to the degree of Pine... who is just too vanilla and "pretty". Jordan is a man's man.

Now, pack a few pounds on Pine and I might believe he'd make a decent Steve Rogers.

If I could be in charge of casting I'd go Sam Worthington, he looks just like Hal Jordan IMHO.

small_349891.jpg

hal_ringL.jpg

haljordan.jpg

After seeing Star Trek, they really need to go with Pine. That Wedding Crashers guy just comes off as a ^^^^.

Back