Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Offical License Announcment

Well, sculpted body or not, his hips will have to be outfitted with a rubber layer, lest you want those ugly hip joints to show. All of HT's bodies, including the muscle bodies, have those joints and they are relatively unchanged from release to release. Don't see that changing here either, unless you want Mattel DCU-styled hips.

f yea, bring it on ht!

Well, sculpted body or not, his hips will have to be outfitted with a rubber layer, lest you want those ugly hip joints to show. All of HT's bodies, including the muscle bodies, have those joints and they are relatively unchanged from release to release. Don't see that changing here either, unless you want Mattel DCU-styled hips.

Given his groin is black, unless you're up close with your nose all in his junks sniffing it, it'll blend fine. But yeah, they'll probably give him the PVC undies like the other muscle bodies have.

They'd have to meld the pvc/rubber undies with the sculpted plastic body seamlessly. This figure will be quite the challenge for them, they haven't yet attempted a character that is practically naked.

I'm willing to bet that this is a one-and-done license. They can't re-use anything from the Hal GL figure for any other GL Corps and we all know that for ancillary and secondary characters Hot Toys loves to re-purpose existing materials. The movie will have to do gangbusters in theaters for you guys to get any of the more alien GLs, or even Sinestro.

Oh I think GL and Sinestro will happen and the chick could just using a normal female body.

I want this head scult better and body. :D

ryan-reynolds-just-friends-2-18-11-09.jpg

tumblr_lglb5yJodC1qdc4n8o1_500.gif

They'd have to meld the pvc/rubber undies with the sculpted plastic body seamlessly. This figure will be quite the challenge for them, they haven't yet attempted a character that is practically naked.

I'm willing to bet that this is a one-and-done license. They can't re-use anything from the Hal GL figure for any other GL Corps and we all know that for ancillary and secondary characters Hot Toys loves to re-purpose existing materials. The movie will have to do gangbusters in theaters for you guys to get any of the more alien GLs, or even Sinestro.

I see them doing Sinestro if just to milk the new body a second time and make it's production worthwhile.

Oh I think GL and Sinestro will happen and the chick could just using a normal female body.

Okay, maybe Sinestro, since it seems he's a fan favorite (not that I'd know for sure). Tomar Re and Kilowog? Nah. Not unless HT really falls in love with the film (or the idea of the money generated by the film, which isn't guaranteed).

I see them doing Sinestro if just to milk the new body a second time and make it's production worthwhile.

That's the hope, but Sinestro's 'suit' patterns and musculature are distinctively different, and not being a GL fan or anything even I noticed. I suppose it is possible that HT will hope fans won't notice. :lol

Okay, maybe Sinestro, since it seems he's a fan favorite (not that I'd know for sure). Tomar Re and Kilowog? Nah. Not unless HT really falls in love with the film (or the idea of the money generated by the film, which isn't guaranteed).

Yeah, I'd say those won't happen unless this film is really super great. I think its gonna be really close to that but we shall see.

Any of the aliens that are in the film would require specialized bodies that I just don't see HT spending that much time or effort especially with their plate being so full. Basic bodies are the safest bet.

Locks:
1. Hal Jordan
2. Sinestro

Possible:
3. Abin Sur
4. Hector Hammond
5. Carol Ferris in flightsuit.

Anything past that is a dream. Given that Hal is shown both masked and unmasked, I'm expecting two heads and I hoping to kitbash a Pilot Hal as well. I'll need at least two Hals and a loose unmasked head. :lol

Such awesome news! But like another poster said, we have a long wait until this is on our shelf.

Hal and Sinestro I'll consider if the movie is good.

Kilowig would be ____ing monsterously awesome

Blake Lively has been horrible in everything I've seen her try to act in so I'm hoping she doesn't ruin ever scene she's in for this film. It'd be about the only way I'd want a Carol figure.

yeah he would look good next to superman and spiderman, although for the splash of green i would prefer the hulk

NO FREAKING WAY, first X-men First Class now this, Boy Hot Toys really loves its fans

YES!!!!!!

i'm hoping for painted and sculpted rubber body as the costume, masked and unmasked Heads, Lantern and minigun for Hal

i'll definitively get Hal, Sinestro and Kilowog.

Too bad we aren't getting a Jack Black Green Lantern :monkey2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back