Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Offical License Announcment

Yeah, this will probably be similar to the X-Men Origins line... just one figure.

I'm glad they've announced the license but I'm not going to get excited until we see a proto. A rubber body would be an instant pass. I'd like something along the lines of the Predators body.

Sinestro is also a foot taller than Hal in the movie, so the scale a little larger than him in the first place.

Height isn't really that big of a deal. HT's already been doing that with the foot peg sockets anyway.

So much speculation/negativity its hard to get excited for this figure reading some of the posts here.

I will buy anything from this movie. Plastic or rubber body. One figure or ten. Wont matter to me. I've been a fan of the corps since I was a kid. The only possible down side that could happen with this figure is the likeness isn't spot on and that wont bother me. Ht is too good for this to have a weakness that would negate me from buying. Its just not going to be a concern for me on this one.

I agree. I will be getting this figure. Spider-man and Green Lantern were my two favorite superheores when I was young. I didn't become obsessed with Batman until 1992 when Batman the Animated Series came out. Something about the animation and the story telling really compelled me. On topic though, one of my very first custom projects was a GL ring I made from playdough. On the Spidey front, I made web shooters out of wristbands and shoestrings too, but that's a story for another thread, lol.

I'd kitbash the sculpt into a King figure from Blade

Yeah, this will probably be similar to the X-Men Origins line... just one figure.

I wouldn't be surprised....HT has a lot of license to cover in what i'd figure a short amount of time to capture the current buzz (SP, Thor, POTC, XFC, GL, Captain America) in addition to old announcements yet released (Indy, Supes, 89 Batman etc.). I wouldn't be surprised films get a single figure while collectors may want more.

Last edited:

I'm fine with getting Hal Jordan only if HT decide to release only Hal Jordan.

So stoked !!!

O man...my wallet!! Can't wait for the reveal!

Hot Toys will probably do a better job on the mask than what we see in the actual film :D

I wouldn't be shocked if the mask on the HT head was actually sculpted on it.

I really wouldn't mind if it was sculpted. After all, why would anyone display him without it? (Apart from kitbashing, of course)

He spends more time sans mask I believe than with. In the film there is a stipulation that it only appears when his identity needs to be hidden which would only be on Earth, it was a move from Johns' Secret Origin. There will be two heads and definitely should be

Hmmm I dind't know that. You are right then...two heads might be the best option, although a magnetic mask could work too. Has HT ever tried that with any piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back