Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I can give credit to SS for is that they save the best painters to handle the LOTR lines. Can't say the same for any other product lines.

Got Gimli all set up. Took me a few to get all the pieces in the right place but damn is he impressive. Amazing detail, paint apps, and just sheer beauty when looking at it. Tim and the crew at Sideshow knocked this one out.

I got on the WL back in July, but it was the Flex WL so I was really crossing my fingers.

dang only up to july? I added myself a week ago :( looks like no chance.

I did the regular waitlist though, never done flex.

congrats on your convert!

It looks like wait list conversions are still dating back to last July/August. Good luck to those of you who only got in in the last month or two. I think that the NRD is causing people to not order unless they are pretty serious about following through, and that in turn is causing fewer people to cancel.

I was dumb with Gimli, don't ask why; but I ordered, paid the NRD then cancelled then reordered by putting myself on the WL. With this conversion, I am finally all the way back into LOTR maquettes. All the others are locked up and Gimli is finally enroute.

i think at this point i need to decide if i want to hunt down all exclusive or just order the regular edition for them. Looking at ebay, it's about a $700 difference for the 4....

Even though I am parting out quite a bit of my collection, pieces like this are still very appealing to me; Gimli looks really nicely done!

The rocks look a little blobby to me, but there is enough going on otherwise that I don't think it would bother me too much; the Weta statue has those awesome Moria ruins for the base, which I always really liked.

I will say this about EX vs Reg, I never thought I'd care if I got the reg over the EX. I have all three of the first EX's and I display them with the EX version parts. In pics, it's one thing, but I swear they look better with the EX parts, especially Strider. Pics do NOT do the EX head on that one justice! :)

Yes it sure is...I'm thinking of displaying mine (when I get it) without the ladder...or extending the ladder so it touches the shelf the statue is sitting on.

Like this
200130_press04_NoLadder.jpg

or this
200130_press04_ExLadder.jpg

in the extended version.

:duff
Bill

Funny, and extended version of a statue, based on a film series with extended editions... :lol

I'm going to be setting mine up this morning (finally)... :D

Got mine today.. perfect statue, veeeery nice exclusive and very good painting... 10/10.. thank you Sideshow!

Together with Aragorn, the "must haves" in the maquette-line

Wow, what a great unboxing and setup experience. Two in such a short time with the CC PF and now Gimli. Having a good Sideshow month in my home.

I think that is the most number of attachments and accessories I have ever seen on a statue. I mean there were what? Eight attachments, ten total pieces when you include Gimli himself and the base. Not to mention the extra rock accessory. But I might as well throw that away, there is no way I would ever use the rock in favor of the felled orc. Or is that a goblin? I am confused, as always.

Anyway, truly wonderful addition to the line. Glad I have him and am complete on the exclusives to this point. Minus Arwen. Gimli made me consider getting her for one minute, but then I remembered I am totally broke.

Ah well, bring on the Hobbits! :lecture

Back