Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like Gimli. He's pretty darn impressive that's for sure. It's an Orc so you were right the first time. :lol

Yeah I thought they were Goblins that had taken over Moria, I could be wrong though. Gimli is just an awesome piece, glad I got the Ex.

I don't know, I did a cursory search and goblins are obviously mentioned in the text. Now I'm thinking they are the skinnier worker bees of the orc culture...

More research is needed... ;)

"Tolkien sometimes, particularly in The Hobbit, used the word goblin instead of orc to describe the same type of creature, with the smaller cave-dwelling variety that lived in the Misty Mountains being referred to as goblins and the larger ones elsewhere referred to as orcs."

I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

247 in the house and I will echo the comments of others. This thing is huge and awesome. I finally learned my lesson and used little strips of paper as labels in the foam because there are so many accessories here it will be impossible to remember what goes where.

The felled orc is amazing as well. My wife thinks its too violent (I never noticed the axe in his chest before) but the rock replacements are lame and not painted very well to match the base (less texture to them).

One glitch, the large axe didn't go in so easily for me but I got it to work with some careful application of pressure. On the other hand the double axes on the left side fit very loosely and I'm concerned they may fall out.

Face paint is unreal good.

Ah, mine were loose because they weren't all the way in. Corrected. No longer loose but can see the beard being an issue. You do need to futz with it a little. I held the axe head with one finger and then the axe handles with another finger (other hand) and tried rotating the whole thing slightly around the axis of the peg. It just sort of snapped into place with very little tolerance with the beard.

That's what happened with me. I just fiddled with it and went in just fine. Now he's sitting with the rest awaiting pictures and a review this weekend.

picture.php

That's definitely a goblin on the base, here's Gimli attacking the Goblin King :)

Oh and the other thing I liked is that the goblin is pretty loosely sculpted which creates something of a frazetta-esque feel to the composition.

Goblin and Orc are the same. They were called goblins in The Hobbit. But in the LOTR, when Tolkien referred to the goblins in The Hobbit, he called them orcs. I think the word 'Orc' was invented by Tolkien.

I am still awaiting and hoping for a waitlist conversion. Would be awesome to get this guy :)

"Tolkien sometimes, particularly in The Hobbit, used the word goblin instead of orc to describe the same type of creature, with the smaller cave-dwelling variety that lived in the Misty Mountains being referred to as goblins and the larger ones elsewhere referred to as orcs."

I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

really? because goblin and orc are completely different beasts. I guess tolkien never played dungeon & dragon!

erm . . .for the record . . .D&D got most of its terms from Tolkienlore.

+++++++++++++++++++
An orc ( /ˈɔrk/) is one of a race of mythical human-like creatures, generally described as fierce and combative, with grotesque features and often black, grey or greenish skin. This mythology has its origins in the writings of J. R. R. Tolkien.

Back