Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping notice and am looking forward to him. I went with the EX as I felt the corpse on the base really added to the piece. Surprised to see Arwen and Gimli ship at the same time - they've really condensed the schedule on these. Does this mean we should have more up for preorder soon?

Yeah, I really like the base as well. As you said the dead orc really adds to the overall piece and why the Ex is a must have. Well, initially she wasn't due until March but obviously she arrived early. I would expect a PO for a new maquette in the not too distant future.

Yeah, I really like the base as well. As you said the dead orc really adds to the overall piece and why the Ex is a must have. Well, initially she wasn't due until March but obviously she arrived early. I would expect a PO for a new maquette in the not too distant future.

Yeah, it's cool to have some of these things coming in a little early. It has been an extended credit card bomb right around the holidays though with Rivendell/Gimli/Arwen and both Cobra Commanders all shipping in such a short window. It's my own fault for branching into GI Joe - always said I would stick with LOTR to keep things from getting out of control. :cuckoo:

Yeah, it's cool to have some of these things coming in a little early. It has been an extended credit card bomb right around the holidays though with Rivendell/Gimli/Arwen and both Cobra Commanders all shipping in such a short window. It's my own fault for branching into GI Joe - always said I would stick with LOTR to keep things from getting out of control. :cuckoo:

I agree its always cool to get early surprises like this. I'm with ya there its been a busy early start to the year with several items coming in all at once. Well, a couple of Joe pieces won't be a big issue if you can stick to that.

I would expect a PO for a new maquette in the not too distant future.

Can't come soon enough for me!

I'd like to see about four of these announced per year. It's already been three months since the Ringwraith preorder, so it's definitely time for a new reveal. It's kind of fun because we've been through all of the sneak peeks and now we're heading into uncharted territory and ready for some surprises when it comes to the characters. Hopefully by the end of February I'll have a new maquette preordered.

I'd like to see about four of these announced per year. It's already been three months since the Ringwraith preorder, so it's definitely time for a new reveal. It's kind of fun because we've been through all of the sneak peeks and now we're heading into uncharted territory and ready for some surprises when it comes to the characters. Hopefully by the end of February I'll have a new maquette preordered.

I know! Its always great getting a new PO up and getting it in the que for orders to arrive.

Yeah, I'd like to see around that. As of right now we still have Boromir, Snow Troll, the Ringwraith to ship this year. So I would say we will get 1-2 more announcements this year that will ship this year and probably a couple more that will ship in 2013. I agree being in the surprise zone is cool and totally reminds me of what it was like 10+ years ago.

I love this guy soooo much.

Gimli1.jpg

Gimli3.jpg

Yeah, one per quarter sounds about right to me. Is there any early indication on Hobbit pieces being SS or Weta or both? I am kind of hoping they don't do the all-at-once preorders from back in the days of the trilogy releases. That would be a little hard to manage alongside all of the current SS and Weta lines I'm trying to keep up with. Especially if 10 statues all get released and all have the 10% NRD, that's the cost of one statue right there, heh.

No word yet on really who is doing what with The Hobbit. I would expect both to obviously get a piece of the pie.

No word yet on really who is doing what with The Hobbit. I would expect both to obviously get a piece of the pie.

That's what I would expect - Weta does environments and small-scale figures and SS handles the rest. I almost think that bandwidth issues with all of the other lines and current LOTR projects would prevent them from "pre-order bombing" us, but we'll see. New poly is awesome, just don't want to have to sell old poly to fund it. At least other than the stuff I intend to sell regardless.

That could happen. We're in for a treat no matter how it gets split up thats for sure. I don't think you'll have to sell old stuff to fund new as I would say it will be paced like we're seeing now.

my pics are not as good as you guys here but it never hurts to share. got my exclusive today. my legolas exclusive is coming next week.:)

photo-3.jpg
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg
photo5.jpg

Aragorn looks so tiny inbetween those two.

Great pics. Congrats. He is a beauty.

Can anyone post one of these next to the RWOS?

Would love to see the difference the base vs mounted makes.

You know I was thinking that Gimli looked kind of big in scale with the humans and Legolas. It may be the extra base material though. So far I think the rock details make Gandalf, Gimli and Legolas blend well together while Aragorn clearly goes with Arwen. Not sure how I feel about this really, not bad necessarily but the height difference as seen here could throw off the perspective somewhat.

And now that I look at it, the base circumference for Aragorn even seems smaller. Is this right?

Hi guys
Mine is 408,and i have to say it sure is a beauty!:clap
And my legolas is no.25,he looked great too..
Arwen will be in next week..this is a great line:yess:
Lastly gonna give a shoutout to Josh,thanks for the great review n advice!

I recieved my Gimli Statue on Tuesday and I must say he is fantastic. Likely the best maquette so far. No real complaints about pose, detail, paint, anything! Now that is saying something! This line has really been fantastic so far. As a bonus I ended up with #22.

I should have gotten my Arwen today but missed UPS. I will have her tomorrow and I am hoping she isn't a let down compared to the rest.

Hi guys
Mine is 408,and i have to say it sure is a beauty!:clap
And my legolas is no.25,he looked great too..
Arwen will be in next week..this is a great line:yess:
Lastly gonna give a shoutout to Josh,thanks for the great review n advice!

Welcome and glad you are enjoying the line. Thank you for the shoutout! :duff

Back