Media Should there be a Battle for Middle Earth 3?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venom

Super Freak
Reaction score
SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN THE HOBBIT/LOTR FILMS.

Anyone else ever played BFME 1 or 2?

They were pretty awesome games that made use of the films licensing pretty well. There was nothing quite like having your own army of orcs or elves & having huge battles, especially with the mods out there for download.

I was thinking WB should definitely look into making a third game with all the Hobbit films coming out, it could be pretty damn solid. I've been thinking about it for a while now & it could be a ****ing amazing RTS. I mean you could combine what was good about the first two games, & add more newer & next gen content. The storyline could be loosely based on the event in the hobbit films with the good and evil campaigns.

There plenty of content for the single player levels, you could literally have the first level with Smaug attacking Erebor & Dale, then the next could be a light skirmish and the dwarfs fleeing from the mountain, next the battle of Azanulbizar, then maybe several other conflicts leading up to the dwarfs going to the shire to recruit bilbo, then event like the warg chase, goblin town, the eagle rescue, beorn, mirkwood, the river/barrels, skirmish in laketown, smaug vs the drawfs, smaug vs laketown, battle of the five armies, siege of dol goldur.
These could all make for a pretty damn solid, and lengthy campaign, Each being able be played from the evil or good perspective (obviously certain enemy characters will have to survive certain encounters in order for the story to progress)

The factions you could play as could be -

Good - Everyone gets Gandalf as a hero
- Dwarfs of Erebor
- Heroes you could have Thorin, Dwalin, Balin, Gloin, Kili, Fili. Would play similiar to the dwarfs in the previous game, except having the designs updated to the look of the films with their structures and units. Probably replacing their catapaults with Windlance etc.

- Elves of Mirkwood ( Some exclusive units from Rivendell are included for the earlier levels)
- Heroes could include Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, Elrond, & Rhadagast haha. Would play much like the elves from the previous game but without ents, & they would be the strogest good faction in the game, so in order to make gameplay fair their population cap is lower than the other races.

- Men of Dale/Esgaroth
- Heroes could range from Bard, Girion, The Master. Probably the most different from the previous games, as the men of Dale and Laketown soldiers are very dissimilar from gondor & rohan.

Evil - Everyone Gets Azog as a hero?
- Gundabad Orcs
- Heroes could consist of Azog, Bolg, Yazneg, & Fimbul. Would mainly consist of Orc/uruk hunters & wargs. Not many siege units as they can scale walls, probably only mountain trolls.

- Goblins
- Heroes could include The Great Goblin, The three trolls Tom, Bert, & Will. Weakest faction in the game, but also the highest population cap.

- Dol Goldur
- Heroes could include Nazgul ( in wraith form, and whatever form they might take I the third film), The Necromancer ( probably as a really expensive ring hero, appears a large black mass of darkness with a fiery image of Sauron in the middle. They like the elves would be the strongest evil faction, with a lower population cap than the other races.

Other factions like Rohan, Gondor, Rivendell, Moria Orcs, Isengard, & Mordor could be included in a future expansion of the game that takes us through the battles of the third age. ( The campaign would only consist of the large scale battles, those are really the most enjoyable levels anyway)

So basically Edoras, Helms Deep, Isengard, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, Black Gate, Erebor, Dol Goldur v2 Etc.

Ring Powers ( the big ones) could include summoning Smaug, Mountain Giants, 9 Eagles etc.

If anyone has any other idea or wants to add to this please go ahead. Just throwing my thoughts out there, I don't really use any other forums other than this so I didn't really think of anywhere other than here to post this. Haha maybe we could flesh the hell out of this and send it as a pitch to WB Games so they can stop wasting time with the Assassins Creed Ripoff :p (that being said it does look good)

The licence is no longer owned by EA, they could make it a combination of the old formula they had when EA owned it, but also include newer things like what was done with WH40K Dawn of War 2 & other games. It could make for a really interesting & fun game.

Back