Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Obviously no announcements yet, but we do know Gimli's coming after Legolas. At least we do have some concrete evidence as to the progress of the sculpt based on a sneak peek, and the beginning of the SDCC LOTR video [2nd from the left ].

23-07-20108-03-18PM.png

031510tease221.jpg

I think it's also safe to assume based on this new conceptual drawing [top] that SS has either revised the original base, or will be adding the orc skeleton to an excl edition.

22-07-20101-24-11PM.png

23-07-20107-46-06PM.png

Gimlipeek-1.png

Gimlipeek3.png

Gimlipeek2.png

Last edited:
I'm happy they're finally making a Gimli, however, I don't like the pose. It's just too dynamic. I was looking for something more subtle, like the stance on Aragorn maquette.

they should make the body out of plastic and have real clothes that are scaled down to fit. maybe give him some articulation.

Plastic? How about macaroni?

I'm really excited to finally see a Gimli piece from Sideshow after being passed over in so many of their post-Weta lines.

ya know ..... I know you newbs dont understand ..... but ..... if Gruson is in on it ... its the ____ing gospel ..... climb aboardd.,,, :monkey1

Gimli's gonna kick ass. I have no doubts about it.

:lecture I second that motion. The way this line is going so far I don't doubt that for a second. And luckily for us we won't have to wait long. Legolas is up next and will be arriving very shortly....then Gimli. :yess:

Hey Josh, please feel free to ask all sorts of LOTR-related questions at today's SS Q&A.......:pray:

Plastic? How about macaroni?

:goodpost: :lol

I'm really excited to finally see a Gimli piece from Sideshow after being passed over in so many of their post-Weta lines.

It has been far too long.....:lecture

I am stoked the way this line has kicked off so far - and with the pieces they have shown in the works, things are only getting better with this line!

Hey Josh, please feel free to ask all sorts of LOTR-related questions at today's SS Q&A.......:pray:

I wasn't able to be at the panel today. Was on my flight home. However, I'm very excited by this line and feel REALLY positive by how long this line will go.

What do you mean by "nasty?" I understand the expensive part, and in fact have dropped pretty much everything else in lieu of the new maquette line. Call me crazy, but they look amazing, and aside from Gimli's overly dramatic jumping pose, I don't have any gripes as of yet.

What do you mean by "nasty?" I understand the expensive part, and in fact have dropped pretty much everything else in lieu of the new maquette line. Call me crazy, but they look amazing, and aside from Gimli's overly dramatic jumping pose, I don't have any gripes as of yet.

:lol

Nasty as in sick as in good. :exactly:

Back