Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with you guys...the NRD, in the grand scheme of things is a GOOD thing...it will prevent overloading edition sizes based on pre-orders that end up getting cancelled.

In all actuality, I am very pleasantly surprised by the sell-out of the Gimli maquette WITH the NRD...it is a very good sign for LOTR and the Maquette line IMO.

Geb

I guess I am in the minority, but is it fair to all collectors to have some just order or pre-order any and everything, with many only holding out until they see the first in hand photos, then they cancel? So many collectors never get a chance to order or preorder (before NRD or on NRD) on fast selling ones because SSC thinks they are selling, but it's just a group of people ordering everything just so they don't miss out? The NRD, in my opinion, makes people have to be sure they want something more so and not just to have 20 outstanding orders when they likely will only buy a few and keeping actual purchasers from getting something as it's a false sale out.

I think you had better look for a new dentist Josh :lol.

The one you go to doesn't seem to know one from the other :lol

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

:duff
Bill

That explains a lot actually. :lol

Totally agree with you guys...the NRD, in the grand scheme of things is a GOOD thing...it will prevent overloading edition sizes based on pre-orders that end up getting cancelled.

In all actuality, I am very pleasantly surprised by the sell-out of the Gimli maquette WITH the NRD...it is a very good sign for LOTR and the Maquette line IMO.

Geb

Right on the mark with the first part.

It is a good thing that it hit WL as quickly as it did. Even if it comes back for a bit this shows the demand is there for this line.

I guess I am in the minority, but is it fair to all collectors to have some just order or pre-order any and everything, with many only holding out until they see the first in hand photos, then they cancel? So many collectors never get a chance to order or preorder (before NRD or on NRD) on fast selling ones because SSC thinks they are selling, but it's just a group of people ordering everything just so they don't miss out? The NRD, in my opinion, makes people have to be sure they want something more so and not just to have 20 outstanding orders when they likely will only buy a few and keeping actual purchasers from getting something as it's a false sale out.

I don't think anyone wants to pay NRD's, but if it means lower ES's and a greater chance that these limited editions statues will at least hold most of their retail value then I'm all for it.

I'm not a big collector, yet, like any of you. I have 3 PF's and 3 1/6's...but in the two months or so I've been on here, I've learned that very few gain a lot of value and many just manage to retain it. I'm cool with it as at first I thought I was collecting something (PF's) that would really go up like regular art (paintings and other statues) but know now that if they hold their value I'll be happy and if they gain a couple 100 bucks, that's even better.

First off, never collect hoping things will go up in value because these days, very few things do. Collect because you enjoy it.

I try very hard not to order things I feel I might cancel later. That's why I haven't ordered the HT Indy. If they improve on it, I just might. I won't before that though. And I hate cancelling things anyway, even without the NFD.

My concern is that, after dropping deposits everytime I turn around, I'll come up short when it comes time for the items to start shipping. Unexpected expenses can always crop up (auto repairs, medical, things for kids) and then you receive shipping notices. :thud:

I do like that one doesn't have to be sitting at a computer the minute things go up for PO anymore. There's more of a chance to consider before hitting that button.

It also gives a clearer picture of the true popularity of an item/line. The fact that Gimli sold out is a very reassuring sign and I think SS will see the same thing with many upcoming MQs (Eomer, Faramir, Boromir, Prologue Elven Warrior, hopefully Arwen).

Right things can and will happen. Thats the drag about the NRD but in the end it is truly the best thing for everyone.

My concern is that, after dropping deposits everytime I turn around, I'll come up short when it comes time for the items to start shipping. Unexpected expenses can always crop up (auto repairs, medical, things for kids) and then you receive shipping notices. :thud:

I do like that one doesn't have to be sitting at a computer the minute things go up for PO anymore. There's more of a chance to consider before hitting that button.

It also gives a clearer picture of the true popularity of an item/line. The fact that Gimli sold out is a very reassuring sign and I think SS will see the same thing with many upcoming MQs (Eomer, Faramir, Boromir, Prologue Elven Warrior, hopefully Arwen).

If something comes up, you can always call Sideshow and talk to them about it. I've had them hold charging my card till the next month because my property taxes came due. They did it for me with no problem. And there's always flex pay.

If something comes up, you can always call Sideshow and talk to them about it. I've had them hold charging my card till the next month because my property taxes came due. They did it for me with no problem. And there's always flex pay.

I've done those things before myself and they are very helpful. I guess I'm looking at what I've got coming between May and September. I'll receive 3 items in May, 2 in June and 1 in July, August & September. It's never worked out that way for me before; I usually have 1 thing every few months. If I had paid a deposit on all of those items, it could have been interesting come May. :horror

I've done those things before myself and they are very helpful. I guess I'm looking at what I've got coming between May and September. I'll receive 3 items in May, 2 in June and 1 in July, August & September. It's never worked out that way for me before; I usually have 1 thing every few months. If I had paid a deposit on all of those items, it could have been interesting come May. :horror

Just remember that the dates they say don't always mean it will come in then.

First off, never collect hoping things will go up in value because these days, very few things do. Collect because you enjoy it.

I try very hard not to order things I feel I might cancel later. That's why I haven't ordered the HT Indy. If they improve on it, I just might. I won't before that though. And I hate cancelling things anyway, even without the NFD.

I've been telling people this for 25 years. Buy something because you like it, not because you think it's going up in value. Still, I think it safe to say most people would prefer buying art collectibles that at least hold their value as opposed to being worth half of what you paid for them by the time they're delivered to your front door, esp. since these are numbered, limited editions. Unfortunately, SS's TBD ES's and collectors tendancies to pre-order anything and everything [without consequences] has done nothing but damage the ability of most collectibles to even hold their retail value. Personally, I look at SS's willingness to post ES's [at least on excl's] and ask for a commitment from collectors upfront as a step in the right direction. :lecture

SSC sent me a email tonite saying my flex payments have been delayed until Sept. Oct. & Nov. A little bummed but still can't wait to get this maquette.

Legolas comes out in August so its not too long of a wait for Gimli. My guess is we'll get another one to order during Comic-Con to be placed in line.

Gimli is shipping in November so we got a little wait ahead of us. :( Really looking forward to the dwarf.

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Back