Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a piece with an NRD sells out, (well, goes to waitlist), and you place a waitlist reservation, if it converts, do you have to pay anything like an NRD or is it then just pre-ordered like a normal order?

Luckily I managed to place an order for the EX before they sold out. I got home late and was surprised to see how fast they'd already sold... kinda reminded me of the good ol' SSC-Weta preorder days... snooze & you lose! :thud:

Gimli in 1:6 scale is going to be a very welcome addition to my LotR collection! :yess:

Had to get on the WL a while back for the Legolas EX. I hope it converts so I'll have each one of the Three Hunters. :pray:

Luckily I managed to place an order for the EX before they sold out. I got home late and was surprised to see how fast they'd already sold... kinda reminded me of the good ol' SSC-Weta preorder days... snooze & you lose! :thud:

Gimli in 1:6 scale is going to be a very welcome addition to my LotR collection! :yess:

Had to get on the WL a while back for the Legolas EX. I hope it converts so I'll have each one of the Three Hunters. :pray:

1/6? I thought this was nearly 18 inches tall?

When they say 1:6th tall I think that means more the character iteself. The piece can be a bit taller.

ah, because I thought 1/6 was used to refer to articulated figures most of the time. Like my 1/6 Barney Ross. But I think I get it: like with diorama's, the piece may be 18 inches or whatever tall, but Gimli, himself, may only be 12 inches tall.

Yes, I was referring to the figure itself, not the entire piece. In 1:6 scale, he would be in correct proportion to Aragorn and Legolas, who'd be closer to 12" in height (like the articulated figures). I suppose Gimli's height in 1:6 scale would be around 7.5 - 8 inches or so, a little taller than the Hobbits.

ah, because I thought 1/6 was used to refer to articulated figures most of the time. Like my 1/6 Barney Ross. But I think I get it: like with diorama's, the piece may be 18 inches or whatever tall, but Gimli, himself, may only be 12 inches tall.

Yeah, the piece itself may be 18-20" or more but the central figure will be about 1:6th.

If the figure is 1:6 scale, then the base would be too. Scale really has nothing to do with how big the entire piece may be, its just a proportional measurement. 1:1 scale is life-size, so 1:6 is simply life-size divided by 6.

The slain orc, and other pieces that make up the base should be in proportion to Gimli, if he is in fact 1:6 scale. The base can be whatever size the sculptor choose to make it, but the proportions of the figure and other elements of the piece should be in the same scale. Does that make sense?

Gimli would be 10 inches standing up straight.

Really? I remember looking at a proportional comparison chart drawn up by Weta, and that just seems a bit tall for the stocky, stouthearted son of Glóin. At Helm's Deep he could barely see over the wall, so Legolas offered to get him a box to stand on, if you recall. If he were only proportionally 2" shorter than the Aragorn & Legolas figures, wouldn't that have made him tall enough to see over the wall, even standing on his toes?

I remember reading that a dwarf would be 48"- 54" tall. SS recently made a comment (in Q&A I think) that a 1/6 scale Gimli would be 8", so that would mean they're basing it on the 48" height.

That is really odd. It was down to what 15-20. and is at least over 100. Thats a lot of money folks just gave up if they canceled.

GTG is back down to 40. Very strange. :lol

I'm calling the usual shenanigans from Sideshow with a fake low quantity bar as usual to drum up business. I don't care, because I'm hooked on this line, but I'm officially convinced they pull stunts and will hereby refer to Sideshow as...

Shenanigans Collectibles :rotfl

This entire week, there have been some haywire things going on with the SS site. Estimated arrival dates have been bouncing around, the GTG MQ has made it down to something like 5 remaining then jumping back to 30 at least twice and now this with Gimli (I don't think that 95-100 people suddenly decided to cancel and forfeit $25 and I hope they don't think their customers are stupid enough to fall for them messing with the quantity available numbers on that kind of a scale).

It's like either a hacker is romping around in the site or things at SS are totally disorganized.:panic: I've never seen it quite like this before.

I guess you might as well laugh though; none of it has hurt anybody. It's just really a head-shaker. I wonder what will happen Thursday & Friday?

Yeah, I'm not putting much into the status bar moving around much. Though, them giving arrival dates on these things is pretty common anymore.

Back