Frankenstein, and The Bride of Frankenstein Return to Theaters Nationwide!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Bill tomorrow night for me.First Game of the World Series so I may have to miss part of the game.But I have not seen these films at a Theater since I was 12.And the new prints/restored/digital are supposed to be excellent.Hope this doesn't bring back all those nighmares I had. :yess:

Just got back tonight from the Double Feature.It was very cool that before the Features TCM's Robert Osborne had a short interview with Bela Lugosi Jr,Sara Karloff Daughter of Boris and 4 time Oscar Winning make up artist Rick Baker.
Both Lugosi Jr and Sara Karloff resembled their Father's a lot.That's not saying much for Sara,sorry.What a great career in Film and on Stage Boris had.Over 180 Films.

Both Features were shown in their Original Format.I loved that Frankenstein opened with the original warning.And I was surprised that Bride of Elsa Lanchester actually was only on screen for a few minutes as the Bride.And the screaming Una O'Connor as Minnie almost made it a little too comical.But both excellent Universal Horror the real scary kind no slashing needed.

The movies were nicely digitally restored..but I kind of missed some of the old glitches of the original Film.Still well worth the opportunity to see these at a Theater on the Big Screen.Awesome.

Yea the shreaking housekeeper is the only bad spot in those two movies. Don't know what Whales was smoking . . . maybe her. :lol

Always loved these two movies and to finally get to see them on the big screen was a real treat! Getting to see Karloff's makeup at that size only reinforced Jack Pierce's creative genius! Now if only they would show The Mummy on the big screen!!!

Also, in Frankenstein when they are searching for the monster up in the mountains, it has always been obvious that the sky is a painted backdrop, but I don't think I've ever noticed the wrinkles in the fabric until it now! :rotfl

Planned on catching it, but I was in way too much pain to make it. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

I loved it and my theatre was pretty packed. The sets never looked this nice. It was a true treat to see it. They should do Dracula/Mummy and Wolfman/Creature double features next.

PS: I totally disagree about Una. She is hilarious, and she is a total James Whale character. I could see why he would have been entertained by her. I think she's great.

The true moment when he gets modern day comedic timing is when Victor comments on the new heart, Fritz says it's very fresh, and Thesiger drops his utensils without saying anything. Totally hilarious!

One other thing: I never appreciated the vicious parts of these movies like I did last night. The scenes of actions were truly much more effective on the big screen. I imagine it must have been amazing to see that like that for the first time as a little kid back in the day.

Back