Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be against a black dude playing Thing, or Fury, or any number of other characters, so long as they still retained the essence of the 616 comic characters. I'm not sure if Crews can do that for the Thing, though (Jackson certainly doesn't do that with Fury--I don't care about whatever the Ultimates version does). The actor chosen would need some dramatic chops to play that kind of tortured character. Thing isn't just a "let's go nuts and beat the **** out of everyone" character, which is someone I think Crews would be better suited to play. He could certainly be a good member of the Wrecking Crew. He's got the build and attitude.

Thunderball :yess:

I was thinking of my ideal FF the other day.

I'd start with Amanda Seyfreid as Sue & maybe Aaron Eckhart as Reed.

Not sure about the other two yet.. :lol

I was thinking of my ideal FF the other day.

Not sure about the other two yet.. :lol

I hope they got some kick *** animation to make the Thing look really nice and large. I didn't mind the actor they used in the other movies, but I'd like a more visually impressive Thing.

I hope they got some kick *** animation to make the Thing look really nice and large. I didn't mind the actor they used in the other movies, but I'd like a more visually impressive Thing.
Agreed! :hi5:

I guess that's the...... thing, :)lol) about casting Ben Grimm; he doesn't necessarily need to be a big guy to start with - although his origins would suggest that it would be a little truer than not.

Johnny? Chris Evans NAILED it. The quick witted smart alec with the physique & vibe to match. I'm honestly hard pressed to think of anyone ideal at this point.

Agreed! :hi5:

I guess that's the...... thing, :)lol) about casting Ben Grimm; he doesn't necessarily need to be a big guy to start with - although his origins would suggest that it would be a little truer than not.

Johnny? Chris Evans NAILED it. The quick witted smart alec with the physique & vibe to match. I'm honestly hard pressed to think of anyone ideal at this point.

:exactly:

I think he was my favorite of the cast.

Young biach as a NOT-smart NON-leader of the team? Oedipus complex? AGAIN???

. . .

how-about-no-bear.jpg

Last edited:
What? Get real.. :lol

Ioan Gruffud was only a few years older than Jessica in the last two films - so there's no again.

Maybe Eckhart's a tad long in the tooth compared to Amanda - ehh.. it'd be an interesting dynamic anyway. :lol

There are a lot of similarities between Hellboy and Thing now that I think about it. Eckhardt doesn't strike me as a convincing "super genius." That's what Reed needs to be. His being older than the Invisible Woman makes sense, considering that at the start of the series she was called the "Invisible Girl" while Reed was an established Ph.D. And back in the early '60s, Stan the Man had a tendency to portray spring-autumn type fantasies.

WgqHP8H.jpg

Back