Casting the MCU Fantastic Four & What Stories You'd Like to See

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8dvxzEc.jpg

Reminder that Doowankers who hate the F4 are R*dditor edgelords.

Kidding aside, I was always a sucker for whimsical sci-fi stuff, so I always liked the F4. Even Ultimate F4 was a great modernization (Ult!ReexSue was OTP material, at least until Ultimatum).

This was actually a good read.

Dr Doom - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Not a bad choice.

Even though the FF origin story has been done three times by Fox, I still feel the MCU needs to do one. First, it could be absolutely epic if done right because it's both a wondrous and tragic tale of these adventurers. Second, most mainstream audiences aren't going to be familiar with the origin and the filmmakers shouldn't assume they've read a comic, watched a cartoon or seen the Tim Story version. And third, Marvel really needs to set the tone for the group. That said, it could be handled as a flashback, that way the movie wouldn't dwell on an hour of setup and backstory, 45 minutes of action, and only showing them in costume in the last 5 minutes.

I also hope they get the ages and general look and feel right. Johnny should be an 18- or 19-year-old, blonde-haired hot shot who can mature into the role over three movies. Sue should be 25-27, who is both attractive but also somewhat bookish. That's why I like Alice Eve. Reed should be 35- to 40. Older than Sue, but not so much as to seem creepy. I always thought a young Jeff Goldblum would have been perfect (think Seth Brundle in the Fly mixed with Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park). John Cena would be a great Ben Grimm, but the Thing has to be 7' to 7'6" to convincingly match up against the Hulk. The Thing has always been maybe a half foot shorter than Hulk. While while some purist might want the John Byrne 6' Thing, the character would look diminutive on screen beside the MCU Hulk.

Last edited:
This was actually a good read.

Might be just nostalgia for me as it was the first F4 thing I read, coupled with the 2 Fox movies, but I still love it. It modernized things without losing the charm of the team, and the Sue x Reed relationship was handled better than the 616 stuff IMO. Well, at least until Ultimatum happened and it all came crashing down. Honestly, Sue!Kang retcon aside, I always felt bad for Reed and him going full-Maker was understandable to me.

Might as well post my Fan-Casts:

Classic F4:

1) Reed Richards: Jon Hamm
2) Sue Storm: Charlize Theron
3) Johnny Storm: Scott Eastwood
4) Ben Grim: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
+
Victor Von Doom: Toby Stephens

Ultimate F4:

1) Reed Richards: Eddie Redmayne or Matt Smith
2) Sue Storm: Ana De Armas
3) Johnny Storm: Ansel Egort
4) Ben Grimm: Sam Worthington
+
Victor Van Damme: Leonardo DiCaprio

I'd be called a racist virtually everwhere on social media but eh, **** 'em. I want my F4, not some bastardization. I mean, I heard this gem the other day: "What's the matter if Doom is European in the Ultimate Universe? European/Belgian-Balkan =/= white!". So, yeah, **** everything...

I also hope they get the ages and general look and feel right. Johnny should be an 18- or 19-year-old, blonde-haired hot shot who can mature into the role over three movies. Sue should be 25-27, who is both attractive but also somewhat bookish. That's why I like Alice Eve.
Racist much? America has tons of interracial siblings you ****lord. What is this white supremacy propaganda? Two white, blue-eyed, blonde siblings? GTFO!

Reed should be 35- to 40. Older than Sue, but not so much as to seem creepy. I always thought a young Jeff Goldblum would have been perfect (think Seth Brundle in the Fly mixed with Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park).
Wow, I guess there's no end to your racism. Why can't Reed be an Indian or Black man? What's wrong with John Boyega? What, do we need yet ANOTHER super-capable white man?!

John Cena would be a great Ben Grimm, but the Thing has to be 7' to 7'6" to convincingly match up against the Hulk. The Thing has always been maybe a half foot shorter than Hulk. While while some purist might want the John Byrne 6' Thing, the character would look diminutive on screen beside the MCU Hulk.
Incredible, you're not even willing to be accurate to Ben's Jewish roots. Grimm should be black you whiteboi.

And I hope you've got a proud POC in mind for Doom. Nevermind that he's basically a Germanic King, it's his ill-defined and convulted gypsy-origin that's the most important part of his character! Fighting against white supremacy and ****!

------

These may seem like jokes but they're legit comments I see on the F4 tags on most sites. The moment Marvel announces a cast you bet there'll be tons of angry bloggers spouting that very ********. The F4 will be a "missed opportunity to portray the glory of diversity in an era where it's needed more than ever" and Doom will be a whitewash. Because yeah, villagers killing the witch who killed their kids because of her Satan-deals is clearly an act of White Supremacy and a defining part of Doom...

What makes me laugh the most is the "the real Jews are actually black and so Ben needs to be black" thing, and casting people like John ****ing Boyega or Dev Patel as Reed. It's just... I want off this ride...

PS: Alice Eve has been casted in Iron Fist Season 2 of all things. ****ing waste...

All I care about is the Silver Surfer & Galactus, and anything with Dr. Doom done right for the very 1st time.... :yess:

Thank the maker we wont have to deal with a Franklin Richards & kids F4 movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely need to get a younger prettier looking girl to play Sue. Mara looked too old :lecture

...Why? She's not a natural blonde, she's not a great actress, and she doesn't have the comforting look of motherly Sue or the excited genius look of Ult!Sue.

Agreed. FF4 was just another **** stain on Fox's record, no reason to dredge any of it back up.

I wished the MCU could redo Age of Ultron over again. The more recent comic series was a combo of Avengers 1 and DOFP. They could have had wolverine try to go back and kill Pym. That would have been an awesome storyline instead of it being the Black Widow and Friends movie.

Might as well post my Fan-Casts:

Classic F4:

1) Reed Richards: Jon Hamm
2) Sue Storm: Charlize Theron
3) Johnny Storm: Scott Eastwood
4) Ben Grim: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
+
Victor Von Doom: Toby Stephens

This will work. :clap

This will work. :clap

giphy.gif

I really hope they go for a retro, 60s-sci-fi feel with F4. At least for the first movie before it goes all incredibly cosmic (Celestials, Galactus, Molecule Man,etc, etc) and we go into technobabble territory. Just give me at least one wholesome, whimsical sci-fantasy film.

Maybe it’s just me, and maybe people would ****ing hate this, but I say make the FF movie a Christopher Guest style mockumentary of Marvel’s First Family chronicling their rise to supercelebrity status in the first five minutes with a brief background on how/when they entered the fold, and just roll with it as a sort of Cinema Verite with super powers. You have Reed Richards, who’s basically like Brad Pitt meets Neil Degrasse Tyson and he inadvertently rose to superstardom and made “smart” sexy and he and Sue are like this power couple, who just are kind of letting the movie happen.

Reed’s kind of indifferent and pretends they aren’t there (you could have him doing stuff in his lab while they’re filming and just have a super stretchy arm come across the screen with a random “excuse me” from out of the frame), you could have Johnny be the glory hound, which could actually lead to some funny conflicts between the documentarians and the crew that works on his Kardashians-esque reality show, and you have Ben, who just hates everything about it and is just grumpy as **** and “get that thing out of me face” about all of it.

Then, you have them trying to get permission and travel approval from Latveria to interview Doom about his ongoing feud and you actually get them to sit down and interview him, which is intercut with “man on the street” footage of their various battles. Couple that with cameos from Robert Donwey Jr., Chris Evans, and even real-world celebrities in the form of interviews about the FF and I think it would make for an interesting flick. Hell, Stan Lee could even reprise his Willy Lumpkin role to talk about what they get in their mail.:lol

Last edited:
Back