Casting the MCU Fantastic Four & What Stories You'd Like to See

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's always to be expected that racism and negativity gets pulled into these threads, it's just a shame. These comics, and by extension the movies, are generally escapist tales with positive themes. Sure some folks will chime in with humorous or snide remarks, which is fine and always welcome. For the most part the intent of this and the X-Men thread was just fun "what if" scenarios now that Marvel will be getting back these characters (something fans have been wanting for more than a decade). Unfortunately, it doesn't take long for toxicity to seep in. Just as Facebook went from a place for sharing photos and bits of life's minutia with friends and family members to a political echo chamber and cesspool for lies, hatefulness and arguments, nowadays these collecting forums seem to steer off track more often than not.

Anyway, hopefully Marvel will unveil some cool Fantastic Four and X-Men news in the next few months, and maybe make a major announcement at the 2018 ComicCon.

I would only be in for Emily as Ms. Invisible. While I do like Krasinski, I don't think he would be a good fit for Mr. Fantastic.

1200px-Patrick_Wilson_MFF_2016.jpg

Patrick Wilson as Reed Richards

I'd like it to go straight to TV so it's easier to ignore the pile of garbage.

We all know Fantastic Four just hasn't been done well on screen, but I do think the MCU can finally make it work. There is no way they will be relegated to TV because FF is the gateway to Silver Surfer and Galactus, and the Negative Zone, which could be a key part of Phase IV and possibly Phase V, not to mention Dr. Doom, possibly Marvel's best villain.

So right now my picks would be:
John Krazinski (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic) 2nd Choice: Matt Smith
Emily Blunt (Sue Storm/Invisible Woman) 2nd Choice: Alice Eve
Alex Pettyfer (Johnny Storm/Human Torch) 2nd choice: K. J. Apa
John Cena/CGI Performance Capture (Ben Grimm/the Thing@ 7'6") 2nd Choice: Kevin Grevioux
Mads Mikkelsen (Dr. Doom) 2nd Choice: Matt Smith
Doug Jones (Silver Surfer performance capture) 2nd Choice: Alan Tudyk
Keith David Galactus (Voice) 2nd Choice: James Earl Jones or John Nobel

Well now you and I finally agree on something. :lol

FOX can keep the Fantastic Bore crew for all I care.

No, we agree on a lot of things. your hate blinds you young sir.

well that, and you tend to take things too seriously or you aren’t sure what sarcasm is. :lol

Fox can keep it all, I’ve got the x-men flicks I’ve wanted and fantastic 4 is just ****ing garage in any medium so hopefully they shelve these until they run out of ideas.

No, we agree on a lot of things. your hate blinds you young sir.

well that, and you tend to take things too seriously or you aren’t sure what sarcasm is. :lol

Eh, I'll call it as I see it.

Fox can keep it all, I’ve got the x-men flicks I’ve wanted and fantastic 4 is just ****ing garage in any medium so hopefully they shelve these until they run out of ideas.

:exactly:

I think the F4 has the potential to be the best part the original Avengers. They have space exploration, the negative zone with Annihilus, Doom, Silver Surfer, Mole Man, attachments to the Inhumans, Black Panther, Kree, Skrulls and Namor. Essentially, they are the adventurous genre Marvel could use. GOTG has a taste of it, but they are not really explorers. They have Journey to the Center of the Earth and Lost in Space inspiration.

Fox has no idea how to approach them. I even believed the X-Men movies sucked. They do not have the right approach that I know Feige has. He simply knows the characters and stories better than anyone.

Back