Casting the MCU Fantastic Four & What Stories You'd Like to See

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Casting the MCU Fantastic Four

Ideally, no. Drown it in vagaries and myths mentioned by supporting characters.

That's what I was thinking as well. "Victor Von Doom is actually made up" is my favorite. Have him be a mythical figure with various accounts for his origins. Maybe he was a normal Latverian kid. Maybe he was the son of a witch. Maybe he's a Prince and a descendant of Dracula. Maybe he's the son of a literal demon. Just a bunch of tall tales jumbled together. It's the only he works without coming off as hammy.

Too late now, but I think Benedict Cumberbatch would have made a fantastic Reed Richards.

For Doom though, give me...

hyUjwzz.gif
Drown his origin in vagaries and myths mentioned by supporting characters.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

That's what I was thinking as well. "Victor Von Doom is actually made up" is my favorite. Have him be a mythical figure with various accounts for his origins. Maybe he was a normal Latverian kid. Maybe he was the son of a witch. Maybe he's a Prince and a descendant of Dracula. Maybe he's the son of a literal demon. Just a bunch of tall tales jumbled together. It's the only he works without coming off as hammy.

So basically, Tommy Wiseau?

Yes please! Do the same thing with his scarring. Is it the little teeny scar that he hides because he hates imperfections. Or is it the full on melted face. Did he out the mask on when it was still hot? Don’t tell us.

:lol “I did not hit her. Susan is lying. It’s ********. I did not hit her. I DID NAAAAT....oh hi Reed”

"HaHA, what a stor-hy Stephen!"

So basically, Kyzer Soze?

Kinda, yeah.

Yes please! Do the same thing with his scarring. Is it the little teeny scar that he hides because he hates imperfections. Or is it the full on melted face. Did he out the mask on when it was still hot? Don’t tell us.
Yup. As for the scar, I like 2 Headcanons:

1) It's a small scar that he doesn't really care about, but he uses it to hype himself and create a legend.

2) It WAS a small scar that he, being such a crazy ****, turned into a huge one by deliberately mauling his face. I can just see him standing in front of a mirror and being so disgusted by himself that he picks up a knife and just starts to cut at the flesh, emotionless.

Too late now, but I think Benedict Cumberbatch would have made a fantastic Reed Richards.

A better Doom, I'd think. But yep, that ship has sailed. Saw the unmasked pics up thread, and my first thought was "Bloody hell, its Cavill !". The ultimate WB troll casting!

A better Doom, I'd think. But yep, that ship has sailed. Saw the unmasked pics up thread, and my first thought was "Bloody hell, its Cavill !". The ultimate WB troll casting!

>Cumberbatch
>Doom
No... Just... no. I like Ben a lot, but that's one role he's not good for.

Every time I watch Flash Gordon I think Klytus is the best Doom we've never had.... Way too campy for today's audiences though....

I think Fantastic Four is an underrated get for Marvel. Not only will they be an engaging, "family oriented" team, which is perfect for the Disney brand, but they will further open up the cosmic universe and could conceivably introduce the negative zone.

As for story, I could see this as a 4-movie arc
FF1 -- origin movie with Mole Man as the villain. Doom tease at after credits.
FF2 -- FF vs. Doom
FF3 -- FF Cosmic Adventure (Galactus and Silver Surfer would have been introduced earlier in GotG, but this could be a team up with FF and SS vs. new heralds Firelord, Stardust and Morg. Frankie Raye becomes Nova at the end. After credits introduces a newborn Franklin Richards
FF4 -- FF: Annihilus

Last edited:
I'm honestly kinda looking forward to see whether they do the Maker.

9f61e693d02febcdea3d0d699086619d53832773_hq.jpg

Oh, and we NEED a POC for Doom. You ****ing ****lord white supremachists!

dhl9JzA.png

I'd be down for a Mandela Effect type deal; universe got split into two timelines. FF are the 'Avengers' of their timeline. Maybe have the X-Men in this world too.

As far as casting goes...
*Victor Von Doom: Nicolas Cage(unpopular opinion). I just love Nic Cage and want him in the MCU. Other choices for VVD would be Bill Skarsgård or Leonardo DiCaprio.
*Reed Richards: Cillian Murphy or poach Henry Cavill/Chris Pine from DC. Taylor Kitsch maybe(simply cause I thought he was robbed of stardom with John Carter).
*Johnny Storm: Zac Efron. Like Cage, I really wanna see Efron in MCU.
*Sue Storm: Yvonne Strahovski, Ana De Armas, or Lucy Fry(my personal choice, maybe a bit too young though).
*Ben Grimm: Mark Wahlberg or John Cena(again, was upset he didn't make Thor Ragnarok). As we've seen with Bradley Cooper, the look of an actor doesn't define the role when the character is mostly CGI.

I would also like to see The Thing have a brow. I feel it's the character's defining feature...
05d1c4dc1230793f59cd70cf36715c3e.jpg

Mr Fantastic - Matt Bomer or Alexander Skarsgard
Invisible Woman - Blake Lively
Dr Doom - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Johnny Storm - Glen Powell

Blake Lively doesn't have enough talent. Marvel needs to get actors that can really make people like the characters.

I'm just not too excited about FF to be honest. The characters are the OGs but they still just don't seem to draw as well.

Doom if who I feel is the most underrated acquisition here. He would be an awesome villain for future MCU movies.

Blake Lively doesn't have enough talent. Marvel needs to get actors that can really make people like the characters.

I'm just not too excited about FF to be honest. The characters are the OGs but they still just don't seem to draw as well.

Doom if who I feel is the most underrated acquisition here. He would be an awesome villain for future MCU movies.

It's because they've never been handled properly

I didn't like the comic either :lol

8dvxzEc.jpg

Reminder that Doowankers who hate the F4 are R*dditor edgelords.

Kidding aside, I was always a sucker for whimsical sci-fi stuff, so I always liked the F4. Even Ultimate F4 was a great modernization (Ult!ReexSue was OTP material, at least until Ultimatum).

Back