Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just give us a decent looking Thing to rival the Hulk. Movie can suck for all I care after that, I just want a big *** HT of the Thing.

Why? Won't change anything as far as rights go, they'll have them for another seven years. Might as well hope that what's coming is good.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture Nice to see a rational statement. Why anyone would purposely want this movie to fail is beyond me.

I actually think it can be very good if you don’t care about comic book accuracy only.

Casting a Black actor to play human torch is fail already..

I'm only interested in Dr Doom and The Thing,hopefully they don't mess that up too

I actually think it can be very good if you don’t care about comic book accuracy only.

I agree with this to an extent

An adapation doesn't necessarily have to be 100% accurate to the source material, but there are elements of the source material that should be kept if they are fundemental to the character/story etc

In the case of race changes in characters, as long as the race change isn't for the sake of being PC (which I'd really like to think is not the case, and doubt it is) then it should always matter

In the case of a young Reed Richards, well then I'd say it does matter. Reed is supposed to be an experienced scientist with a wrold of experience, he age allows to have that wisdom that you would only expect from someone who has lived a little, it adds to his character massively

The FF are supposed to be Marvels first family, RR is the father of that family in a sense, he should look like the father as well with his greying temples

I dunno, I don't wanna see some young kid in the role either, 26?!

That's his character in 616. Movies tend to adapt a mix of 616 and Ultimate. In Ultimate he's younger, a prodigy of sorts

Yeah I know, the thing with the Ultimate FF though is that it doesn't feel like the FF at all, in which case it's an example of everything that I was drabbling on about in my above post

UFF just feels like 'Ultimate Random Teenagers With Powers And Names Resembling The Fantastic Four'

I think that was the original title, it was just too long.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture Nice to see a rational statement. Why anyone would purposely want this movie to fail is beyond me.

seriously you really think this will be good Rumor going around it will be a young cast Johnny and sue wont be brother and sister.

seriously you really think this will be good Rumor going around it will be a young cast Johnny and sue wont be brother and sister.

Still can turn out to be a good film. X-Men First Class made Professor X and Mystique brother and sister for god sakes, and i love that movie.

Also seems like there's talent behind this movie unlike the originals, so I'm not going to doubt it because The Human Torch is black and the team is younger.

Them not being biological siblings won't change anything. Different mother or different father or one of them being adopted, in the end they'll still be Brother and Sister

Still can turn out to be a good film. X-Men First Class made Professor X and Mystique brother and sister for god sakes, and i love that movie.

Also seems like there's talent behind this movie unlike the originals, so I'm not going to doubt it because The Human Torch is black and the team is younger.

I'm sorry i want them as they are in the comic so a new fan/kid watching this movie see’s a black human torch and then they pick up a comic and asks his daddy why is the human torch a white guy .

Professor X and Mystique were bro and sister must have missed that part .

Talent are you serious? the guy who wrote screen plays to the x3 last stand and jumper.

Last edited:
I'm sorry i want them as they are in the comic so a new fan/kid watching this movie see’s a black human torch and then they pick up a comic and asks his daddy why is the human torch a white guy .

Professor X and Mystique were bro and sister must have missed that part .

Talent are you serious? the guy who wrote screen plays to the x3 last stand and jumper.

Believe me, if the film is successful, they will make Torch black in the comics somehow. They weren’t blood related but they were pretty much brother and sister. Kinberg has proven to be horrible so far, but they have a solid new director, and if the rumors are true, some talented actors casted.

Believe me, if the film is successful, they will make Torch black in the comics somehow. They weren’t blood related but they were pretty much brother and sister. Kinberg has proven to be horrible so far, but they have a solid new director, and if the rumors are true, some talented actors casted.

I dont care what director you get if they script is **** what can a good director do? Just give it back to marvel let it sit on the shelf.

Back