Evil Queen Premium Format figure - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exclusive is sold out. Grabbed mine in time...whew
Same here. In fact, I think the Ex of this is the only item to sell out during SDCC, which I guess either mean it was rather popular or the ES is pretty small, or both.

Here's hoping its both, for those of us that got our order in.

DSCN1893.jpg

She is so glorious!

I have a hard time seeing a Disney PF with a small exclusive. I would expect this to be a big license like Star Wars.

mine too. I'm just hanging on to see how big the edition size is. if its too big I might cancel.

I'm not overly concerned about the edition size. I think it will be pretty large, but with this being the first piece and disney having a large following I don't think this will "lose" money. Especially the exclusive.

It's a great base, but I'm concerned about what they'll do for the base for other characters. Mostly I'm concerned about the villains since that is who I will display her with. Maybe Skull Rock or a treasure chest for Captain Hook, but what about Maleficent, or Jafar?

Personally, I would much have preferred the base to be the floor where the character is. I really don't like stylized bases of objects like what they did with her. I wish she was standing on the floor.

mine too. I'm just hanging on to see how big the edition size is. if its too big I might cancel.

I'm curious about your statement. I have a question and you obviously don't have to answer if you don't want. If you like it and intend to keep it, what difference does the edition size make?

I can understand if you intend to flip it that a large edition size is less desirable but if you just want it for yourself what difference does it make if there are 100 or 10,000?

I guess my question really is, is a statue more attractive and desirable because the edition is low and part of its attraction is that you can have it and very few others can have it or is the statue intrinsically attractive regardless of how many copies there are of it?

Personally, I would much have preferred the base to be the floor where the character is. I really don't like stylized bases of objects like what they did with her. I wish she was standing on the floor.

I am inclined to agree. But only since I see this as being part of a series. If it were a standalone piece I would be perfectly fine with it.

I'm curious about your statement. I have a question and you obviously don't have to answer if you don't want. If you like it and intend to keep it, what difference does the edition size make?

I can understand if you intend to flip it that a large edition size is less desirable but if you just want it for yourself what difference does it make if there are 100 or 10,000?

I guess my question really is, is a statue more attractive and desirable because the edition is low and part of its attraction is that you can have it and very few others can have it or is the statue intrinsically attractive regardless of how many copies there are of it?

Normally I have the stance entirely like you. But this PF I'm kinda on the fence about whether I want it or not. Furthermore I'm on the fence about needing the exclusive or not.

The price for the exclusive is already $42 more than a regular from Alter Ego and I have a feeling if the regular edition size is quite large the aftermarket prices will further go down.

So anyway, I just don't want to pay $42 more for an item if not very rare will not be worth the added price.

I've been questioning myself about the exclusive as well. It's an awesome exclusive, but I'm not really sure how good it will look displayed with the piece. I'm thinking about going to a craft store and seeing if they have a little wooden table I could set it on. But saving nearly 50 bucks is pretty tempting.

But it that was the case, then the long flowing cloak, would be half spread out on the floor. By adding a base with some height, you get the whole long flowing look, which I think is needed.

True, but being spread out on the floor is the way it looked in the movie making it more accurate and realistic in a way. That actually makes me want a different base more.

That too is true, tho then I'd be a bit more worried about it all getting dirty, as dust collects. I guess one could go either way and I suppose I'm not all that fussed, as long as it looks as good overall as the prototype does.

And while the Ex is a bit more expensive, I am thinking a bit long term and the other various 'extra bits' one may get with others and how all together it could look really nice. Besides, if the Ex ends up being like an ES of 250 or so, they will hold their value way better.

True, but being spread out on the floor is the way it looked in the movie making it more accurate and realistic in a way. That actually makes me want a different base more.

Definitely should have had the floor from the original film. I really hate gimmicky base. For example, I hate that most Star Trek Statues/Action Figures stand on a large version of the A shaped Star Trek Federation chest badge/emblem. I never saw Kirk or Spock standing on a big A!

I'll take a gimmicky base over a poorly chosen "realistic" base any day. Have you seen the base for the zombie PF? Its a BATHROOM FLOOR. How tacky. On the other hand, one like the Blackbeard PF is amazing and the 2 Tombstone characters are alright too.

Personally I like the LOTR bases the best as it combines a nice anchor as well as a little turf mixed in.

I don't mind the base. I like how Sideshow comes up with different bases from time to time.

I would like the Star Trek PF's standing on the little logo thing. Same as I love that the Indy PF is on the idol pedestool. My big thing is that I want them to match, and I'm not sure how well it'll work for other PF's. Captain Hook on Skull Rock sounds awesome though.

Back